EagleTac P20C2 just received (UK)

Horrgakx

Newly Enlightened
I got my new torch today. Not able to test it in darkness so far but it seems pretty bright.

I had to pay nearly £20 in import duty(!) this has pushed it over the (US$)$100 mark to get to the UK - surely someone here in the UK could make a killing from this??

Quick question - what is meant by the word 'Tactical' in "Tactical Strobe"?
And how does it differ from "Strobe"?

Also I've tried to access the "hidden" mode which is 15x on/off as described in the instructions but I've not noticed any difference. What should happen?

Thanks.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Yes, the import duty sucks - but there are a couple of UK distributors for EagleTac. Both Ledfire and Flashaholics stock them so maybe try those next time.

Back in the 1970s, cars used to come out with names like "Quartz" and "Laser". Didn't mean anything then, and doesn't mean anything now. "Tactical" strobe is the same - it just means "Strobe".

One of the biggest gripes with the original P20C2 was that the strobe came on too easily - if you switched the light off and then on again it would go into strobe. Very annoying. So on the newer version, they disabled it by default.

The 15 clicks re-enables it, so if you have successfully done this you'll probably want the do the 15 clicks again to disable it again otherwise you'll be strobing yourself every time you switch on and off. You can still get to strobe using head twists: tighten and loosen the head quickly - first you get low, then strobe, beacon etc.

For a full explanation of the modes, see Selfbuilt's excellent review:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?272036-EagleTac-P20A2-amp-P20C2-Mark-II-%28XP-G-R5%29-Review-RUNTIMES-BEAMSHOTS-and-more!

The P20C is a great light - enjoy it !

Last edited: