I need your Help

Shawn23

Newly Enlightened
I have been reading through this site for a couple of hours and you all are way to smart for me. I am going to ask for your help in a lighting situation that I am having. Myself and 3 friends are going to race a 24hr race on our dirtbikes. We will each need to ride for approx. 2.5hrs total in the dark but not more than 1.25 hrs at a time. Each of us will have our own set of lights. Money is an issue for us in this tuff economy so we are looking for some affordable flashlights to zip tie to our helmets and bikes to get us through the race. We are looking for the most light possible that will run off of regular AA batteries. We only have about a $100 budget.
We really appreciate your help and expertise to help us middle aged men have some fun.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy Shawn and welcome to CPF,

Just to clarify....is that $100 budget for all four of you ($25 for each rider), or $100 each?

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
...and are you going to use rechargeable batteries or alkalines? If alkalines, you're gonna spend a fortune just in batteries...

maskman

Newly Enlightened
I have been reading through this site for a couple of hours and you all are way to smart for me. I am going to ask for your help in a lighting situation that I am having. Myself and 3 friends are going to race a 24hr race on our dirtbikes. We will each need to ride for approx. 2.5hrs total in the dark but not more than 1.25 hrs at a time. Each of us will have our own set of lights. Money is an issue for us in this tuff economy so we are looking for some affordable flashlights to zip tie to our helmets and bikes to get us through the race. We are looking for the most light possible that will run off of regular AA batteries. We only have about a $100 budget.
We really appreciate your help and expertise to help us middle aged men have some fun.

Have you done any post searching in the transportaion lighting forum? Maybe just me, but I'd think they would have more experience with handle bar mounts vs. helment mounts and getting max lumens for minimum scratch. It's just a thought that might prove worthy of pursuing. Surely couldn't hurt to lurk in that forum a while to see how they address these issues. Good luck with your trip and please take backup lights along.