SureFire M4 batteries -> Arc LS

Joe Talmadge

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to mention to SureFire owners that I've finally tried out the theory that I could put rundown 123As from my SureFires into my Arc LS. I've been working on the theory that I change my SF batteries as soon as the lamp yellows, then run those batteries in my Arc LS, where the Arc would still give me good performance on depleted batteries.

Well, I finally got the chance to try it out, and it works pretty well. The Arc is running pretty bright on batteries depleted by my M4. I almost feel like the Arc batteries are "free" now, since formerly I would have switched out the SF batteries and just thrown them away. Which makes me feel free to use the Arc constantly, for everything, including more frivolous uses.

Nice system! I think I deplete my SF batteries at a high enough rate to keep my Arc always fed. So for me, the allure of running a 2AA LS system for reasons of battery expense is completely gone. In fact, I have buddies who run SureFires, who have not taken my advice to buy an Arc LS ... I'll be asking them for their partially-depleted 123As from here on out, too.

Joe

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup, I have been doing this for a while now and still have too many used batteries. I can't burn them up fast enough in my Arc LS. I get about an hour give or take on used batteries.

B@rt

Flashaholic
I've been thinking to ask my local Photoshop to give me their used 123's... Seems they would work in a LS light.
grin.gif