Nitecore D10 Dead

McGlockin

Newly Enlightened
Hi

My d10 is dead and I would love to get it working again. This was such a great light!

The battery leaked, not a lot but enough to keep it from working at all.

Does anybody know if replacement parts are available? Any suggestions on how to get it going again or should I just get a d20?

Thanks

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Did you try to clean the light with whatever works on dead battery leakings. On a side note alkaline batteries can be nasty evil things. Next time try LSD NiMH.

Zendude

Enlightened
:welcome:

You should be able to save it as long the battery juice didn't damage the exposed IC's on the head. If it leaked in the bottom of the piston, pull the spring out and clean it as best you can(bottom of the piston too). If that doesn't do it, try taking the pill out using the method in the above linked thread. Clean the spring and all contacts . (Alcohol swab maybe?)

Bottom line: Don't let some corrosion kill your light. You have nothing to lose by taking it apart and attempting to clean it. Worse case is it still won't work. Besides, I feel if my light dies it should be by my own hand!:xyxgun:

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whatever you do don't get a D20. Those things are junk. Worst flashlight I've ever owned.

I love my D20. One of the best lights I've ever had. I carry it in my backpack. Not only as a dependable light with a great UI, but it is solid and would make a good weapon if needed. They aren't being manufactured anymore, so I don't know where the OP would get one even if he did decide he wanted one.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
I'd second that.

Sorry Mtn.Man that you've had a bad experience, but my D20 is also going strong without a glitch.

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then you guys are lucky because my experiences with the D20 were not unique as I've talked to others who shared my frustration. The biggest problem I had was that the piston drive switching mechanism was flaky to the point of being unreliable. If I tried to ramp up from low, it wasn't unusual for it to suddenly jump to max instead. Other times it would take multiple clicks just to turn it on or get it to start ramping one way or the other. The very worst problem was that it would turn on by itself just by handling it. It happened several times that it would turn itself on in my pocket and jump to max brightness, and I wouldn't notice it until my leg started getting uncomfortably warm. And, yes, I regularly cleaned it and lubricated the piston because people kept telling me that would solve my problems (it didn't). To make matters worse, basic maintenance required small hand tools in order to remove the piston.

Maybe Nitecore improved it after the initial run, but whatever the case, the D20 is easily the worst flashlight I've ever owned.

Last edited: