The Emitter You Prefer?

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
A bit curious, do you guys have any type of emitters you prefer which is a huge if not main factor in the lights you choose? And why?

I tend to stick with XP-E/XR-E type emitters on 2AA hosts for example. They appear brighter to me due their brighter hotspots then say an XM-L 2AA flood light. It feels like the light is way more useful in all conditions as well as brighter to me (because of the beam profile/hotspot). Wish they appeared in brighter bins.

Everyone is different. Another title for this thread could be "what's your favorite emitter, and why?":sick2:

Last edited:

ebow86

Flashlight Enthusiast
My TK20's Cree Neutral White (Q2) 7090 XR-E LED produces the best tint I've personally seen yet.

PS, If you really want to change the title of your thread, either double-click the thread title on the main forum page or edit post, go advanced, then you can edit the title

Ti²C

Newly Enlightened
my favorite is the xp-e : excellent beamshape and no artifacts, even in a small smo reflector !
and now it's available in R4 bin.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the XP-G myself, smooth beam, good transition from hotspot to flood and works well in a P60 module. The XM-L has an annoying tendency to have a really yellowish green hotspot and unless I'm specifically looking for a floody module in a P60 that would be my only reason for using it in a P60. XP-G offers great output and still also decent throw given a moderately sized reflector.

DM51

Flashaholic
When the topic is emitter types, rather than the lights themselves, we encourage members to take the discussion to the LED section, rather than LED Flashlights.

I'll move the thread there now.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since the XP-G 7A3 90-CRI was released, I haven't bought anything else. I don't expect to be using any other emitter for some time.

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm an XM-L whore... I also still love high bin and warmer XP-Gs... I'm also a big fan of colored LEDs... I don't know why... Some of those colored XR-Cs are pretty neat actually... especially for the price that they can be had for...

carrot

Flashaholic
Doesn't matter much to me. As far as I am concerned there is no one emitter that I could lay preference to. What matters more to me is how the emitter is packaged with an optic (lens or reflector) and what kind of beam they make together.

blackbalsam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Although i like several emitters from out of date to present if i had to pick just one i would have to say the cree xp-g R45b would be a likely candidate for my favorite....Robert.