Energizer 2xAA 130lmn

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at Target yesterday and noticed a Energizer light I have not seen before it was a silver 2xAA and silver body, nothing impressive yet but I looked in the head and it looked like a XP-G with a nice textured reflector.

The finish looked pretty solid and so did the light in it's entirety, if my eyes did not deceive me that is the first time I have seen a XP-G in a retail light. I had my family with me and did not have the time I wanted to look it over but I think I'll go back today and get one.

Just thought anyone looking for retail light's may want to go have a look if you haven't seen it already or if you already own one can you post up a little something about it.

Edit- not a XP-G

Last edited:

cccpull

Enlightened
Re: Energizer 2xAA 150lmn

I'll check it out. I'm glad some good stuff is finally getting to retail stores.

Last edited:

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

They have been at Target for a while now but I remember them being 130 Lumens.
This is it right?

Here's a review of it.

I remember it had an OP reflector and the emitter was not centered on a few I looked at. It's why I didn't get one.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

They have been at Target for a while now but I remember them being 130 Lumens.
This is it right?

Here's a review of it.

I remember it had an OP reflector and the emitter was not centered on a few I looked at. It's why I didn't get one.

Your right after going back today I realized it did say 130lmn and it was not a XP-G, my eyes deceived me, sorry everyone.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

I saw today too again. I stuck 2AA in it and it was nothing special. I did notice that the targets in my area replaced the 2AA lithium with this. I really liked the Energizer 2AA lithium it was an awesome light.

I do wonder what Energizer will come out with next.

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast

I do wonder what Energizer will come out with next.

I like the recently released 1AA Energizer Romeo "vest light." It uses an optic so it has a wide central beam and is not a thrower. The pushbutton with momentary action switch on top is convenient and the Romeo is proving to be a good light for tasks around the house.

I had to order it over the web because local stores don't sell them.

energizer-romeo1.jpg

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast

I like the recently released 1AA Energizer Romeo "vest light." It uses an optic so it has a wide central beam and is not a thrower. The pushbutton with momentary action switch on top is convenient and the Romeo is proving to be a good light for tasks around the house.

I had to order it over the web because local stores don't sell them.

That Romeo looks pretty cool, even though the silver 2XAA is 130 and not 150 like I originally thought and even though it's not XP-G I still think it felt like a pretty good quality light for ~$20. I'd be glad to own and use one if I did not know everything I know about other 2xAA light's and willing to pay for those light's.

tirod

Newly Enlightened

These are starting to show up at the auto parts chain I work at, so with discount, I picked it up. Is it better than some of the leading edge lights for the money, no. The point tho, is that they are out in the brick and mortars creating the new standard of whats commonplace. No shipping either.

Not all of us need to have the absolute leading edge lights - this Energizer is head and shoulders better than the old incandescent G2 Surefire I once thought was lthe holy grail. For half the price it's got twice the lumens and run time, in an anodized body, with clicky. That's what ten years of progress has done to lights.

Mundane to some, flat out amazing to me.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened

Energizer Lithium 2AA is reliable, I had one and my friend recently banged his against a concrete wall to regain his balance still works fine. I had all my Energizer lights since 2007. Heavily used. My 2AA tactical has seen tons of action. Still works perfectly.

I think Energizer makes great lights. And they use the ANSI standards which is pretty cool.