Best Holster for Surefire Outdoorsman/E2e???

Jwade29

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys I was wondering what you guys think it the best holster for the surefire outdoorsman model? I'm a paramedic and carry it at work and wonder what you all think would be the best for me. Thanks.

doubleganger

Enlightened
good luck with the post. I tried the same thing yesterday and didn't get a single response.

at www.holsterguy.com you can tell them what you are looking for and they will try and match you up. It's not the easiest site to use though. They seem real nice though.

This afternoon I asked about a flashlight holster at a local gun shop that sells a few high end flashlights and they referred me to a uniform supply company. Since you are a paramedic, ask a LEO where they get their flashlight holsters and stuff.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
The supplied holster with the Dorcy Spyder xenon fits my E2e like it was made for it but SMKW has generic sheaths/holsters for knifes and I bet you can find one right for you for very little investment

AilSnail

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been looking for such a thing myself. Here is some of what I found:
1: Tacticalwarehouse.com has a kydex(?) holster for e2e.
2: I think v71 edit: (umm was that 82?) is the surefire nylon model for e2's.
3: Ripoff makes a holster that is supposed to fit.
4: theledguy.com has a collar that fits around the e series, and a button is attached to the collar. Then you click the button into a mobile phone belt clip which he (dat2zip) also has. I have carried a smaller flashlight in a similar configuration, and it worked well. I believe you'd need a clip, a brass button and a collar from his store.
5: the button can be mounted to the e2o clip as shown in McGizmo's pages.
6: There is a fabric holster that I can't recall. It's called "single holster" or something.
7: Do a search.

Catapult

Enlightened
One thing I can tell you is that the SureFire V82 holster is certainly not the best. It was designed to prevent accidental activation of the E2x, but its quality seems more like a cheap holster. It costs more than a well constructed quality holster. The velcro is not sewed securely, so it looks like it could peel off from extended use.

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
well.. if you go the the main page at www.surefire.com you can see the deal they have going.. order an e2e sg and you get a free horizontal mount, velcro closure, nylon holster that will hold any 2 battery Surefire flashlight, and also an extra set of batteries!

it seems really nice to me, and the horizontal mount would be handy with all the bending and moving about you'd do..

problem is, it seems to only be available in this deal they have going on.. but i was thinking, maybe you contact Surefire, or one of the nice flashaholics with Surefire connections on CPF, and see if you can't purchase one seperately..

jhereg

Enlightened
The horizontal holster from Surefire is nice. I can fit 4 batteries, my E2E & the red filter with some extra room. The only disadvantage is the amount of space it takes up on your belt.

Andy

onelight

Enlightened
country com and tad gear both sell a holster that can be carried horizontal or vertical I have seen these listed for the inova X5T I have the one from TAD gear it is a good fit for the E2 series of lights and it is well made.

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
I use Ripoffs CO-124. I tried several different holsters before I found this. I use Ripoffs for other Surefires also. This is the factory site. I called the factory and they gave me the phone numbers of several dealers. I understand Bulldog carries Ripoffs now. I am very satisfied with Ripoffs although I've read that some thought they were to bulky(some model are padded). Here is a link
http://www.ripoffs.com/datasheets/co124/co124.html
I hope this helps.

nonbox

Banned
Is the country com X5T holster the same as the TAD Gear holster? Does country com make the holster for TAD Gear?

onelight

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
nonbox said:
Is the country com X5T holster the same as the TAD Gear holster? Does country com make the holster for TAD Gear?

[/ QUOTE ] no they are not the same I have the TAD Gear holster it seems to be extremely well made the one he recommends with the X5 is the one I have I think it is the small I think it was $9.I have heard good things of the country com holster and it is only $5.

nonbox

Banned
What is the dimensions of the TAD Gear holster? I could not find the TAD Gear holster on the TAD website. Please post link. Thanks.

Steve Andrews

Enlightened
The E2E fits perfectly in the large size Benchmade knife pouch.
Its good quality and can be carried vertically or horizontally.

onelight

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
nonbox said:
What is the dimensions of the TAD Gear holster? I could not find the TAD Gear holster on the TAD website. Please post link. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ] /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif sorry I do not know how to post the link, go to tad gear then, adventure gear then, x-treme gear then, gear organizers then, knife sheaths & bags then, tad os sheath, with the Inova x5t it is 9.95 alone it is 16.00 it will work on lights up to the length of a mini-mag with kroll and still have enough velcro to secure the flap but is made for lights aprox. 5"long the E2E is about the largest diameter you would want to use in it. hope this helps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif If you can use paypal call country com. they are nice folks and will help you,all the reports I have heard on the country com holsters are good.

Tombeis

Enlightened
www.maxpedition.com has a very well made Nylon holster that will fit Surefire E2e/L4/A2/E2e with KL-1.

Horizontal or vertical mount on you belt. It will mount both ways on wide belts.

Black or OD around $14.95

nonbox

Banned
Is the country com holster as good as the TAD or maxpedition holsters?