Looking for Flashlight with intense Strobe

domina

Newly Enlightened
Hello, iam locking for a flashlight with an intense strobe. Ive got the feeling that most flashlights only blink in strobe mode and you dont get the "strobeeffect" this way. But i want flash - break -flash. I mean a short light pulse and a break after this, not a blinking light.

I want to use the flashlight as an eyecatcher on outdoor techno partys :huh:.

ive bought a jetbeam jet-1 pro v3 ex because it has a variable strobe rate. but it is only a blinking light. the sos mode looks a little like strobe, but only a little.

Can someone suggest a good flashlight for less than 100€ that can do this?

Napalm

Enlightened
I mean a short light pulse and a break after this, not a blinking light.

Around here it's known as "beacon".

Nap.

Unnecessary comment removed, don't make presumptions - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

digitalerik

Banned
Jetbeam Military xml version. You can choose whichever strobe you want as it's variable. I forget the frequencies, but it ramps through from slow to insane. One of them makes me sick to my stomach as it's like a pulsating strobe.

digitalerik

Banned
oh yeah, same goes for beacon. bugoutgear has jet 3m's. I can't speak highly enough of them. use the jetbeam cpf discount and tell them erik sent ya!

Outdoorsman5

Flashlight Enthusiast
All quarks have a beacon mode where the light comes on at max output for one second then off for 8-10 seconds then on then off, etc. Is that what you are looking for? If so, check out the Quark AA, or Quark AA2, or Quark 123, or Quark 123x2, or Quark 123x2 Turbo X. These can be found at 4sevens.com or goingear.com & several other websites. 4sevens is the manufacturer of the quarks.

Last edited:

thehappyman

Newly Enlightened
So you want to use your Flashlights Strobe as an eyecatcher on outdoor techno partys ???????

I cant imagine what whould be more impressive than the Strobe on the Fenix PD31 (in Turbo Mode)
This Strobe is Very Bright (300 Lumens) and Very Rapid (Maybe close to 10 flashes a second)
It's Totally Hypnotizing !!!!!!!!

domina

Newly Enlightened
When you see a strobo light, it looks like everything runs total slow. this also works with different frequencies and brightnes levels. But when i use my jetbeam jet-1 v3 it doesnt look that way. i want a fast flashing light that gives me the "strobe feeling" in the dark.

something like this in flashlight size (yes it will be not so bright and so on)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfztJVjNMNo

I suggest that the problem is that the jetbeam just turn on and off in strobe mode. The pause between the flashs should be longer, than the flashes are.

So does anyone know a flashlight that makes "time looks slower" when used in dark rooms?

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
The Armytek Predator has variable strob speeds and an amazing programmable UI. I still haven´t completely figured mine out yet (old dog, new tricks syndrome).

domina

Newly Enlightened
Does the Armytek Predator causes a strobe effect (moves looks slow)? Is it possible to set the flash length & pause length?

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fenix TK35 has a random strobe. The Olight M31 has a bright , fast strobe. They are both 800 lumen. I always strobe a delivery man at my shop when he comes in. He finds those 2 lights the toughest to take of all my lights.

domina

Newly Enlightened
Mhh i personally dont prefer such a big thrower. Can someone recommend me more handy flashlights with random strobes?

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast
So you want to use your Flashlights Strobe as an eyecatcher on outdoor techno partys ???????

I cant imagine what whould be more impressive than the Strobe on the Fenix PD31 (in Turbo Mode)
This Strobe is Very Bright (300 Lumens) and Very Rapid (Maybe close to 10 flashes a second)
It's Totally Hypnotizing !!!!!!!!

PD 31

flasherByNight

Enlightened
Mhh i personally dont prefer such a big thrower. Can someone recommend me more handy flashlights with random strobes?

I always wondered that myself, I think a random(ish) pulse would be much more effective.
Does anyone produce one?

domina

Newly Enlightened
After some research I found out that the nitefire d11 and ex11 have a very nice random strobe. Are there some more?

Edit: also tk70, tk35, tk15 as a shop in germany says so.

edit: and jetbeam pc25

Last edited:

Lou Minescence

Flashlight Enthusiast

In post 15 you mention a TK 70 and a TK35. Those are big throwers. The TK 70 is probably the biggest. The TK 70 is not a handy size. There is a list here on CPF on how to choose a flashlight. Find the list and fill it out.

domina

Newly Enlightened
I just wanted to name some with random strobe. acutally it looks like i will buy a jetbeam pc25.

Last edited:

dajabec

Newly Enlightened
If you truely want to be happy for your specific purpose, you could buy a NexTorch MyTorch and program whatever blink lengths, pauses, whatever you want. It might take a while but you could have whatever you wanted. Even AA version would work I guess but the 18650 would be brightest. I don't know how long it can program a mode, if it could go long enough you could probably make it light along with the beats of a song in theory. Not sure how hard that would be though.

Gregozedobe

Enlightened
The 3 mode programmable AKOray K-109 has a variable strobe mode which you can select for whichever frequency (slow through to fast) you want. I find the faster rates quite unpleasant, but who knows, that might be just the thing for a "techno party".

Just make sure you get the three mode programmable version, there are 5 mode and three mode versions around that aren't user programmable.

domina

Newly Enlightened
Whhhoooohhhhooooo this mytorch is awesome!:faint:
Damn this mytorch thing looks just like that thing i thought the hole day it wouldnt exit. noone would build a usb programmable flashlight i thought... only con i see are the week 200 lumes. are there rumors about stronger models?

iam so happy that i dont ordert the jetbeam jet :D.