My 4sevens Quark mini aa has died :o( what (to do) next?

Dangerboy

Newly Enlightened
Today is a sad day - my quark mini aa has died.
For the past year (almost to the day!) it's been a simply brilliant keychain light so I'm gutted.

What's the appropriate course of action - should I send it back to 4sevens under the warranty?

It's been my keyring light so it's been subject to a year of keyring use i.e. it's been dropped a couple of times. Would this be considered normal use do you think?

If I'm going to have to get something new, what's similar and cheap at the moment? Self imposed austerity measures aren't going to permit anything so exciting if it's new torch time :shakehead

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the appropriate course of action - should I send it back to 4sevens under the warranty?

Sure, it has a 10 year warranty.

It's been my keyring light so it's been subject to a year of keyring use i.e. it's been dropped a couple of times. Would this be considered normal use do you think?

Did it stop working right after you dropped it or shortly after you dropped it? Personally, I would not send it back for warranty work knowing I broke it but if you dropped it 6 months ago and today it stopped working, clearly you did not hurt it and the warranty should be applied.

henry1960

Enlightened
Today is a sad day - my quark mini aa has died.
For the past year (almost to the day!) it's been a simply brilliant keychain light so I'm gutted.

If I'm going to have to get something new, what's similar and cheap at the moment? Self imposed austerity measures aren't going to permit anything so exciting if it's new torch time :shakehead

Call customer service in morning and explain promblem....They will take care of you!!

Dangerboy

Newly Enlightened
No, it's been fine for ages then it just stopped.
I've tried cleaning it and changing the batteries without any luck.
Shaking it doesn't make any noise; I can't hear anything loose.

TwitchALot

Enlightened
This has happened to my keychain Mini AA twice already. I've sent it back in and 4Sevens CS will take care of you. I suspect excess vibration from being in a cargo pocket (for me) knocked something loose both times.

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just had my mini CR2 stop working. Called 4sevens and they sent me an RMA for replacement! Great service.

saypat

Enlightened
Gotta love their service! Only wish all were like that. CUSTOMER is king!

EnduringEagle

Enlightened
Send it back and let them fix it. If they charge you anything it would be very nominal. What do you have to lose?

Haesslich

Flashlight Enthusiast
As others have mentioned, contact their customer support. Maybe see if they have another light that strikes your fancy too.