• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired [WTS] Nuwai Q3 custom heatsink

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had a very limited run of these made for my own TM-301/303 needs.

q3sink01.jpg

q3sink02.jpg

Canister is inspired from Katokichi's design, although I've made some readjustments. Precisely machined from solid aluminum bar. Features a rised center platform (~40C height) for effective LED centering. Will accept any 14mm driver board, eg. the Sandwich Shoppe varieties. Driver's PCB may need some additional sanding to yield a flush fit.

Installation is very straight forward. Just solder the wires from the driver to the LED contact leads. For GND connection, instead of wrapping the ground wire around the ground screw, I've attached a cut-out wire terminal plate for easy, hassle-free soldering (see pic).

Canister may not be perfect in design, but overall functionality has still been retained. Platform height is configured for use with Lux1/3 and SSCP4, although some fine tuning is still required. If you have access to machining resources then it's highly suggested to decrease center platform height by ~50C. Otherwise, bezel assy may not screw down completely and leave a very small gap of <50C, especially when installed with a thick glass lens (1.5mm to be precise). Alternatively, using a thinner glass lens of ~1mm may improve fitting of the bezel assy, without modification to the canister.

Installation of modern Cree emitters may be possible, although I don't have an opportunity to try that. If using XRE then it's necessary to modify the stock reflector, as well as cut out the emitter's substrate. If using XPG or XML then a 8mm MCPCB may be required.

I only can spare two this time. Each comes with one BM2x4 ground screw and cut-out wire terminaal plate installed.
Asking $28 each plus $4 registered international shipping.
Paypal only, buyer responsible for extra fees.

Any questions please let me know. Thanks for looking.

Last edited: