Surefire 6px lens replacement?

SuzukiGS750EZ

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. I called surefire and they said they don't make an interchangeable lens for my new light. I was wondering if any of you knew where to get a durable lens that will fit my light perfectly. Also, how do I remove the old one if you know of any? I plan on picking up a quick draw holster also.

Imon

Enlightened
What happened to your lens - did it crack?
If so Surefire customer service is great and they'll definitely fix you up. I've only had two instances when I needed a part from them, both pocket clip related, and they've been prompt in their response.

Imon

Enlightened
I thought the 6PX's lens was lexan (plastic)?

No kidding? I'm not as familiar with the 6PX/G2X as I probably should be... I heard the head was glued together and I kind of shut myself off to them.
This is disappointing to hear nonetheless - even Surefires cheaper than the 6PX and G2X, the 6P and G2 Nitrolon, have glass lenses. Although you could say the G2 Nitrolon is better off with a glass lens because it's incan. Still the glass lens are tough and even though they might shatter I think scratches to the lens are more common day-to-day occurrences.

SuzukiGS750EZ

Newly Enlightened
I haven't even really began to use it for what i intended it for due to the fact that the surefire guy said its not lexan or anything of the sort, just plastic. And they don't have any compatible lenses available. So i didn't know if you guys knew of replacement glass lenses. I'd feel safer with glass because all i'm really concerned with is scratching the crap out of the lens.