How you liking your Lumintop Worm?

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
recently i noticed lumintop is releasing their Worm in colored Aluminium. and I have an itch that needs to be scratched for a new keychain light.

it seems the new models are still quite new, and our CPF dealers dont have any yet.
Ive only seen them on fleabay, so im willing to wait for our dealers to get them in stock. hopefully.

just want to know how your user experience is with the Lumintop Worm?
mainly, any issues with them acting faulty? or not working?
and do you think its possibly to swap in a XP-G?

thanks in advance:grin2:

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got 3 ss worms today, and they all are really good:thumbsup:
All got nice white tint, and they all got exellent threads. Heads is not wobbely at all on any of them, and the slightest twist locks the light out. Really short and firm twist action on all 3. Can be hard to twist one handed with the smooth and bling looking head if you just ate a burger. All leds are centered. Im used to twistys, and this one is suprisingly nice and shiny. Current reguladed no pwn. It got med, high mode with no lo mode. Im impressed with this cheap little thing, it feels just as good as my 2-7 times more expensive aaa lights. Im hoping they are as solid as they feel.
Med and high mode could have been better spaced. Med mode is bright with good runtime (6h49min according to selfbuild), and hi looks just a little brighter with way less runtime. None of mine had gitd orings.

davecroft

Enlightened
HKequipment has been selling the coloured versions for a while. $19.90 compared to $29.99 for SS. About the same as a Fenix E05 - I'm tempted .

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the response.
im no longing looking at the worm anymore. i realize its 14 lumens is too high for me. and you saying that the 2 modes needs more spacing confirms my feelings on it.

also, many of our CPF dealers dont seem to be in business with lumintop anymore. something about heading in different directions.
its too bad too, cause the worms would of made some nice gifts. hehe

GrimCreaper

Newly Enlightened
is HKequipment a good/trusted vendor? The one vendor on cpfmarket place who had the ss worms sold out and im not sure if hes gonna get them back.

davecroft

Enlightened
is HKequipment a good/trusted vendor? The one vendor on cpfmarket place who had the ss worms sold out and im not sure if hes gonna get them back.

I have only used them once (recommended by another forum member) but no problems at all - delivery is free but a bit slow - took about 10 days to UK. Their e-bay feedback is almost 100%. I would say go for it - the Worm is not an expensive mistake if anything does go wrong.