I *LOVE* my L4

Drjones

Enlightened
I just wanted to let you all know that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This thing is just bad-***, hands down AWESOME. It is just plain DINKY, cool looking and puts out such a huge volume of light it is ridiculous.

Now I see what you guys mean when I read everyone here say they are "constantly amazed by the output of the L4." I am too! This thing just blows me away everytime I push that switch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Leaves me looking like this every time I use it: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I just did ANOTHER side-by-side informal test, and yes, this thing puts out a good amount more light than a 3-D mag. Sure the mag has a brighter hotspot and will throw further, but the L4 just lights up the whole room, where the mag just can't and doesn't.

Not to mention all the lovely rings, holes, etc. in the mag beam. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Ok, put another way, the L4 is the guy on the left, the mag is the guy on the right: /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif

Sorry if I'm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif but I just had to gloat/preach to the choir/beat that dead horse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I am truly THRILLED with the Surefire L4. If you don't have one, well, you honestly don't know what you are missing.

PeterW

Enlightened
Missing?? The McLux-PR is what you are missing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif to Don again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif OK it is a wee bit bigger than the L4, and not so anodised, but as far as output is concerned...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif there ain't much that can top this baby!

....oh and the beam is perfect.... and I get to change the reflector for a lovely flood beam..... oh and it cost me no more than an L4... I'll stop now!

PEterW

PS I couldn't resist the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif
PPS I wish Charlie or someone would compare the L4 and McLux-PR, just to show the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/whoopin.gif diference. It has already /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif his amazing mods.
PPPS I 'impressed' people with a 1W minim&g mod..... they ain't seen this thing yet!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/huh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

gadgetnut

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
andyz said:
I cant wait for my L4 to arrive

[/ QUOTE ]Me either. Of course, mine would probably get here quicker if I would ACTUALLY ORDER ONE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif I just can't spend the money on it right now. It's my wife's turn to get a few "toys". You know, like a new living room set. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif I can't believe that needs replaced after only 16 years. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

emann

Newly Enlightened
Hey Drjones aren't you same one who tried to talk people into something else when I suggested the L4 over on Glocktalk a while back? I could dig and find the quotes but I believe you said quite a bit to try and talk people out of buying them and make my hype seem like it was unfounded and over-rated. This will teach you to talk crap before you've experienced the actual product. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif P.S. This was meant in a just messing with you kind of way and not meant to be mean by the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif By the way how did you manage to register over here the same exact day I did? Kind of freaky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
This morning, I used my L4 to find an LED that would have otherwise become lost forever and gone up the vaccume cleaner. Without the L4, I'd probably have never found that LED without vaccuming and then slashing open the vaccume bag (or dumping the dust cup if I used my Bagless Stick Shark) on some newspaper on the floor. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Sure, getting an LED lost in the carpet is kind of chicken****, but using another LED to find it was kinda neat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

larpaul20

Newly Enlightened
I'm taking delivery of the L4 and E1E tomorrow. Can't wait for that first impression. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

larpaul

Atomic6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the same thing; got an L4 and went wow. Then it was the PM6 McModule and I said WOW, then I got the McLux-PR and I was speechless. Will this madness ever end? I hope not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

...and I am still doing laundry from seeing all of PK's toys up at Sequoia. PK doesn't play fair though. Some of his newer stuff you can't buy (Military only), or won't see it on the shelf for another 3-5 years. At least the modders new stuff you can purchase if all goes well.

So I agree that the L4's are plenty cool Drjones, and I keep mine handy. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif.

Drjones

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
emann said:
Hey Drjones aren't you same one who tried to talk people into something else when I suggested the L4 over on Glocktalk a while back? I could dig and find the quotes but I believe you said quite a bit to try and talk people out of buying them and make my hype seem like it was unfounded and over-rated. This will teach you to talk crap before you've experienced the actual product. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif P.S. This was meant in a just messing with you kind of way and not meant to be mean by the way. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif By the way how did you manage to register over here the same exact day I did? Kind of freaky. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I really do not think that was me. If you can produce the quote, fine. Until then, I think YOU need to learn to not "talk crap" unless you can back it up, thank you very much.

LongFei

Newly Enlightened
I'm glad you're happy with your light! I actually was debating what kind of light to get to more completely complement my Arc AAA and upcoming AA. I ordered an L4 and should have it sometime this week or next. I'm trying not to buy "hype" and have moderate expectations like I did with the Arc AAA. After hearing some raves about the brightness for its size, I decided that it wouldn't be wise to expect a whole lot from it.

I hope that this far exceeds my expectations, but don't want to get too excited before I get the thing!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Be sure you use the can before opening up the package and trying the L4 out for the first time.
Pee is hard to get out of fabric ya know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

jhanko

Enlightened
Glad to see you are enjoying your L4. I love mine, both of them. The only advice I will give is this: If you find ANY imperfections whatsoever, don't let it eat at you. My first L4 had a beautiful, bright white beam but had a VERY SLIGHT doughnut hole in it (a slightly darker center). This ate away at me until I bought another, hoping to get a perfect one. Guess what, the second one I got has a dimmer, violet colored beam with no doughnut in it. My doughnut free wish came true but the color and brightness sucks. It makes my first one seem perfect. Just keep in mind that you can go crazy (and broke) trying to find that "just right" one, and it probably doesn't exist. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jeff

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Mine is pure white and also has that *very slight* doughnut hole in the center too. And it needed to be gasketed by T.I.N. (another CPFer). But once I had it gasketed, it was, for all intents and purposes, perfect.
The very slight doughnut hole appearance is not bothersome to me, and only somebody who's really anal would even notice it at all.

emann

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Drjones said:
[ QUOTE ]
emann said:

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I really do not think that was me. If you can produce the quote, fine. Until then, I think YOU need to learn to not "talk crap" unless you can back it up, thank you very much.

[/ QUOTE ] As I said this was just said in a joking way and I did go ahead and do a search over there just to make sure again and it's a Drjones with a JLB Jr. with an American flag and The Statue of Liberty avatar. So I guess someone over there has the same username as you do here. Sorry for the mix up and offending you and glad you like yor L4 as much as I do. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

chumley

Enlightened
When I first turned on my L4, I was impressed by the large hotspot with no donut. I only saw the donut when the light was shined on a white wall at about 5 feet away, any further and the hole disappears. I think we are being way too anal about the donut!

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
chumley said:
I think we are being way too anal about the donut!

[/ QUOTE ]
Anal donut?!? Isn't that something you sit on when you have hemorrhoids? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

chumley

Enlightened
BlindedByTheLite, I waited all summer, and only got a L4 used. It is a great light. Before I found this forum, I only had a few lights, the PT 40 was my most powerful. The L4 is great, but even if you wait, I am sure even better lights will be available in the near future. Treek, don't even go there! LOL