I'm building a new TITANIUM flashlight, I'd love your feedback!

louie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are PMs here OK, or do we need an email address as mentioned to get on the preorder list? Now, to think about one, or both. (I think the line is, BUY BOTH)

Marquis07

Newly Enlightened
@ExceedDesigns

Definitely interested! I have a few questions though for the 18650 version. How strongly is the clip attached to the body, and how easy would it be to get bent if pried out accidentally? I would be carrying this on the outside of my belt via the clip, and I'm sure it might get pried up eventually if and when I catch the light on something.

Thanks,
Mark

Last edited:

boo5ted

Enlightened
These look great, I want both lol. I might have missed it but what's the dimensions of each of the models?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I'm liking the stone washed.... a lot.

A friend of mine asked me to torture test a light he had just put out. I tied it to the bumper of my car and dragged it around 5 miles. Then tossed it into the air and hit it with an alluminum baseball bat a few times. Then set it on a golf tee and gave it a few whacks that way. Lastly I set it outdoors in a snow storm and left it until the snow melted. It was scratched up pretty good but otherwise fine.

I agree with the option of switching the clip to the opposite side of the side switch and don't mind the "E" on the clip. Maybe laser cut the "E" all the way through?

Anyway, these look great. 👍👍

Marquis07

Newly Enlightened
I think it would be great if you could have potting as an option. I'm sure you'd have a lot of buyers for both variants.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 2 cents.
Nichia 519a
Potted electronics
Multiple finish options
No knurling, but patterned (optional)
Removable clip with filler screws
18350 tube option, or split primary tube, so that extender removal makes it 18350 sized.
Changeable optic.
Access to high or low from off.
No onboard charging
No strobe, or make it well hidden so it can't be activated accidentally

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
It turned out to be a cool light! I somehow missed this topic. There is an idea about the clip - it is better to have a reverse wedge at the back so that it clings to the edge of the fabric, then the lantern will not dangle with the top edge like some flashlights and tactical pens - the spring end pinches the fabric well, but the top dangles in all directions. But this only applies to the big heavy 18650 version
1709290520657.png

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
fwiw, Exceed Designs also makes a highly respected Utility Blade holder. He has also added a knife to his product line. He seems to have an eye for clean design lines and high quality materials.

Here is the Insta update on the Rampant Flashlight

Last edited:

voltman

Newly Enlightened
Really late to the party here, but I'll give my 0.02 anyway.
4000k high CRI all the way.
Would really like to see a deep carry clip option.
Like the stonewash finish
Like the sapphire lens
Already a knife customer, probably will buy one of these if the high CRI becomes an option.