USPS Package Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

inrealtime

Newly Enlightened
Sent out a Priority Mail package in the morning of 10/27 with insurance close to $400. It was supposed to be delivered by 10/29, but according to tracking showed up at their local post office 10/31@8am. Still shows arrival at post office & has not been delivered. Wondering what is going on. First it takes a few extra days to arrive & now it's stuck at the post office. Worried that I am going to out of $400.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't fret. From my experience, USPS "Delivery Confirmation" is a gamble which sometimes gives you useful information—if a seller wants to use it, that is their business, but I never request it or pay for it on items I buy. It pales in comparison to FedEx and UPS which offer real tracking.

It is possible that there was a mix-up, as these things do happen and cause the parcel to bounce around before reaching its destination. In your favor, you purchased insurance. I would bet your package will get where it needs to go just fine, though it may take its time. The only guaranteed package delivery service the USPS offers is Express Mail. Anything else takes what it takes, and delivery times are good approximations but not guarantees.

How far is the item traveling?

inrealtime

Newly Enlightened
It's going to New Jersey from California. I don't know why I used them instead of fedex ground. I usually try to get the item to the buyer faster so I use priority mail, but when the item is higher value I probably should have used fedex or ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.