M#glight xenon bulb ... where?

arioch

Enlightened
Can anyone tell me where they are buying the new M#glight xenon bulbs? I cannot find them at any of the retail outlets here.
frown.gif

I had read some CPF postings that they were at the Home Depot, but no luck at my local Depot.
frown.gif

Alternatively, does anyone know of an online or mail order company that sells them? I have looked through my usual haunts (Brightguy, ShomerTec, Tannersstorefront, etc) without any luck.
frown.gif
frown.gif

Anxiously awaiting a reply so I can buy some and try them out ...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

arioch

Enlightened
Icebreak:

Thanks for the response. I have previously purchased Radio Shack xenon bulbs, and they are okay.

I am currently searching for the new M#g brand of xenon bulbs, which I had read on a CPF posting outperformed the comparable xenon offerings of Radio Shack, Carley, and Dorcy.
smile.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I saw a couple at Academy I think. I got every one of the several 2 and 3 cell xenons I have at the Home Depot at Beltway 8 and 45 south here in the big H. All they still have are 2 cell bulbs. I'm interested in a couple more 3 cell, and if they exist 4, 5 and 6 cell xenons.

I haven't ever found replacement bulbs at Target, though a couple interesting lights were found there.

edited to add: Oh yeah, my 2C M*g with a M*gnum St*r Xenon has a piercing white hotspot, but still won't open up to flood worth beans. My 3D M*g with a 3 cell MS Xenon is even brighter of hot spot but agin don't do flood very well. I find textured reflectors to be SO MUCH better for general use!

Al

Enlightened
Spotted the 3D Maglight brand xenon lamp at Ace Hardware ... $3.99 ea. Wasn't interested enough to go the 4 bucks, though.

Al

Enlightened
Gave in to overwhelming urge ... One Maglite Mag-num Star Xenon replacement lamp for 3-cell C&D.
Model Number: LMSA301
Part Number: 107-000-427
"Engineered for Brilliance"
Lamp globe is shaped like what you'd expect to find in a xenon bi-pin except, of course, this is a PR-2 base.
Beam brightness doesn't seem much different than any other 3.6V lamp i've tried in the 3D, except the shape and abberrations are different because of the filament construction.
Maybe the bulb life is longer?

IMHO: save your money

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Al,

And anyone else reading this: YMMV

But I stand behind the fact the 2cell MSXs in a 2C and 2D and a 3cell in a 3D make a tighter and brighter hotspot than any other bulb I have tried.

There is/was still one 3cell MSX at Home Depot last night and several 2cells. I'm going to grab the 3cell if still there later.

Again, Your Mileage May Vary.

And I still HATE M*gL!t@ as a company, but like the products like the MSXs and the M*g bodies for experimenting purposes.... since the lights themselves are nearly useless as they come.

notos&w

Enlightened
YMMV = your mileage may vary

i have the magnum star bulb am not too impressed. if my stupid camera worked id post beam shots but i guess ill just have to describe.

the hole in the center is gone but is replaced by an extremely narrow hotspot. it is intense but so small the light is worthless. i throws a long way but at 100' the beam is only about 4" wide. on flood it is a little better but not worth the four bucks IMO.

that said, im sure youll want to try yourself.
got mine at home depot

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
EXACTLY what I have said almost every time I mention them.

Yes, they make a VERY tight, but VERY! bright HOT SPOT. I have said again and again they don't do flood very well. And I have said there are plenty of other lights that are more usefull (Can you say TEXTURED reflector? I knew that you could!)

So indeed YES. They aren't everyones cup 'o' tea. But if you'd like a TIGHT WHITE BRIGHT VERY!!! Tight Hot Spot, get yourself a M*9L!t@ M*9num S7@r Xen0n 2 or 3 cell bulb for your 2 or 3 cell M*9L!7@.