WOW!! Technology moves fast

lumenman1776

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone
:wave:

its been a while since I posted here. About a two years ago the flashlight bug bit me and I bout about a dozen lights between 45 lumens and 300 lumens. I had some stuff come up and could not afford any more lights. I just recently got back into it and WOW things have sure moved fast with increased output and efficiency. The lights I have now just seem kind of dim in comparison. I just bought a Jetbeam BA10 from battery junction to jumpstart my collection. Its funny a couple of the cr123 lights I have give less output than the BA10:eek:
things sure moved in a hurry.

nbp

Flashaholic
:welcome: Again! Things do move fast! It's exciting times around here. :grin2:

wrf

Newly Enlightened
[...]Its funny a couple of the cr123 lights I have give less output than the BA10 :eek: [...]

Lots of stuff easily available now, and they're bright. Only hard part is gauging the reliability. My old 45 lumen cr123 lights are dim, but have shown to be reliable. Not so sure about the newest members of my collection. They sure are fun though (especially the XML ones).

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's an established fact that the lights we own get dimmer as time goes by. Nights have been getting darker, and the daytime is less bright as well. Plus those chip weevils, of course... ;)

Kestrel, it's no joke!!.....Daytime IS getting dimmer! PBS even did a Nova special about it!

And I noticed that for some odd reason since Saturday it's been getting darker an hour earlier every night! :)

Last edited:

plasticarmymen

Newly Enlightened
Same thing here....I haven't been on this board for so long I don't think my username carried over from the previous format...Had to register as a newbie and starting fresh...
The HDS light may be my next target.....