ITP Eos 1 replaced by the Olight I1 but no RCR16340?

JStraus

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone know more about this?

I just called a shop to send my A1 Eos in for a fix/replacement and the dealer said that the Olight I1 will replace that and has XM-L, which is great.

But! I looked at a storefront this model's specs say to NOT use above 3.0v.

That would be a travesty if I have to ultimately replace the EOS and can't use 16340 batteries!

Did I ready that wrong, or does someone know differently?

Thanks!

J

twl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Okay, first I'm going to say that I don't know the definitive answer.

Next, I'm going to say that I think it has to do with the warranty, and that also 4Sevens has a light with essentially the same circuit, and they say that it shouldn't be used with anything over 3v too. But people commonly do it anyway, and it has been working.
It is considered a strain on the light, and is not going to get covered by warranty if it burns out.
I only don't know about this new I1 model because I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I suspect that is the answer.

I hope someone who has tried it with the new I1 can give us the definitive answer.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both these lights and use a RCR123 rechargeable battery. I have not had any problems for several weeks. I don't use it for more than 5 minutes at a time but during this time I have no issues during operation. It is very bright with the higher voltage.

vbxt

Newly Enlightened
I also have the Olight I1 and have been running it on 3.7v RCR123a batteries with no problems.

pinetree89

Enlightened
I've got the Olight i1 as well and have run mine on an RCR123 with no issues. I recall however there's a review somewhere on one of the vendors websites where a guy went through a couple of these running them on RCR123s.

The RCR123 High output is super bright. It's nothing short of incredible with the XML.

Personally, I've stopped running mine on RCR123s, with CR123s costing less than $1 and US made CR123s less than $2 I just run primaries in mine and I've been quite happy with it.