RIP Polklifer - Craig Georgi - CPF member, Gentleman & Friend

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is with great sadness that I report that last night I received an email from Craig's wife informing me that Craig passed away on Oct. 22, 2011 from complications from liver cancer.

Craig was not a particularly prolific poster but anyone who has attended one of our CPF/Flashlight industry parties at SHOT will recall that Craig was the man who really pulled our party together, volunteering untold hours in picking up the truckload of booze, food, ice, etc, that a party for 100+ people consumes.

Craig was a great enthusiast for everything he did in life. When we took Craig out to dinner last January to thank him for all of his hard work I had the wonderful opportunity to get to know him on a more personal level and it was my great honor to call him friend.

Craig was a fascinating guy. He retired a few years ago and was truly an example of a life well lived. Adventurer, raconteur, enthusiast. Enthusiast is the perfect word; Craig was an enthusiast in everything he did.

Craig was the kind of guy who bought cases of booze for our party though he himself never touched a drop. Craig was the kind of guy who had a pair of titanium chopsticks in his go bag to eat with when we went out for sushi. Craig is the kind of guy who, though he was volunteering to help organize our party, brought ME a gift.

Craig, though you might never know it from his quiet and unassuming ways, was a co-founder of Polk Audio where he was the first emplyee ever hired and whe he remained until his retirement after 30 years.

If anyone has any photos of him from one of the parties please post them here or email them to me - I would like to pass them on to his family.

A private service was held in San Diego on Sunday, Oct. 30. The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to Craig's favorite charities: The Home of Guiding Hands (http://www.guidinghands.org), The Challenged Athletes Foundation (http://www.challengedathletes.org) and The Salvation Army (http://donate.salvationarmyusa.org).

Last edited:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Matt, I never personally new Craig, but I can recall his participation at your SHOT 2010 party. He was so unassuming that the only way I really know how much he had helped you put the party together was when you acknowledged what he had done, and made sure he was awarded with a special flashlight for his efforts.

Bill

paintballdad

Enlightened
I met Craig 2 years ago when attended my first SHOT/CPF get together in 2010. He was a genuinely nice guy and it was great meeting him. He was one of the CPF'rs that i looked forward to seeing again when i attended again this year. Our conversations were always pleasant and he was always enthusiastic.
It's difficult to imagine not seeing him at the next BatteryJunction party and although someone will step up to take his responsibilities, it won't be the same without him.
Let's propose a toast to Polklifer, a flashaholic, a true CPF'r and a hell of a fine human being.

Craig, may you rest in peace.