Where will you put your flashlight ?

Fizzy

Newly Enlightened
You mean where do people store them?

Mine are generally where I can access them when needed, fro example, in my rucksack, in the car, next to the bed.

shane45_1911

Enlightened
My car.
My wife's car.
My nightstand.
Kitchen cupboard.
Hallway closet.
Basement workbench.
ATV storage boxes.
Garage.
Desk drawer at work.
Tool box.
Gun safes.
One is near every exit in the house.
Several in my bug out bag.
And of course, in my pocket!

All my lights are users, and they do me no good if they aren't handy when/if I need them. :)

Last edited:

jamesmtl514

Flashlight Enthusiast
tool box - e1b & Saint
kitchen - FYL G2 with cerakoted tail and head with GITD cap and P60
media closet - Mag 3D - 3P
bedroom - Cerakote M4 with KT4-CB and SW01 with nailbender high cri LED
office - 3P with M31W, E1E-SG with E0-1R, A2Lred, Cerakote C3 with M91W, M6, C2 with KT det ring and Z59
car - Shakelight, 12v map ligh.

dosei-45

Newly Enlightened
Anywhere and everywhere...

I carry at least one.
Every vehicle has at least one.
Every level of my home has at least one, and every bedroom has at least one.
There are several on the headboard of my bed (it has shelves and cabinets).
I keep one in my hiking pack.
I have "saddlebags" on the Flexi-leashes for my dogs...I have a light (headlamp) in each of them (and a roll or two of poo bags).

I do not have enough lights (IMHO) to warrant keeping them in a "Lumen Armory".

Xacto

Enlightened
Most are stored in their sales package (Surefire) in two grey storage boxes. One box for MINT ones, one box for opened/used ones.

Of the ones that get used every now, some are currently lying on my table in the living room, others are on the counter stored in holster pouched and a small, lockable moneybox. But I think about getting some sort of bag (like the ones for knife collectors) to store a few of those lights together.

Cheers
Thorsten

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to store them in a cabinet till I realised I kept opening it to remove and to replace the lights (for play and use). To save me the trouble, now most of them are in front of me on the computer table. Shelf queens will, of course, be on the shelf.

Knecht Ruprecht

Newly Enlightened
My little 4Sevens mini 123 is always on my Key Ring.

The other lights are all in Pelicases!

I take out one when i need one of them.

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
On top of bookcase, big led mag in gun safe, surefire 6p with m61 in nightstand next to steyr m40, quark turbo by back door, nitecore ezaa in jacket pocket, and severlal small lights all over. H51 headlamp on dresser for midnight baby duty...love ultra low mode..

grayhighh

Enlightened
My computer table's drawer, so i can surf CPF and also play with my flashlight at the same time.:)

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
My key rings x 3
Wife's key ring
My car
My truck
Wife's car
Son's bed post on lanyard
Daughter's bed post on lanyard
And the rest in an open cabinet beside the bed

snoop75

Newly Enlightened
I've been travelling overseas for months, so my TK12 is on the kitchen bench at home, with the battery out of it. The accompanying 18650 batts are in a vented metal container, just in case they go bOOm while I'm away.

Now that I'm travelling, my trusty E01 and newly acquired M10A are either in my pocket or right next to me, unless I'm at work.

When I eventually go back home I am thinking about pimping my booze cabinet. I want to incorporate a wine rack, neon lights, possibly a mini disco light, a shelf to store my flashlights alongside my wines and liquor, and of course a cabinet lock to keep it all nice and safe. :p

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
In the Dodge 2500, the CB/air horn valve box on the center floor is a 2D Maglite with a TLE-6EXB, a Nitecore EX11.2 in the ashtray (a perfect fit). At home in the bedroom is one of my earlier lights, old Nebo Redline on the window sill behind the headboard which is plenty bright and floody for the room and if I should butter finger it and it hits the floor no big deal for it's a beater. For a more serious need for light, I have on the night stand a Fenix TK35 that sits next to a box that holds a FNP .40. I've got a Chinese Ultra Fire-Keygos-whatever 18650 with a XM-L SMO reflector that does a nice job which sits in a kitchen draw next to the side door. Got a V10R Ti for EDC in my nice and casual pants pocket and aV10R XM-L which I should have any day now for my EDC in my work pants pocket. I've got an old MiniMag LED in the server room, and an old Dorcey in my mother's bedroom and I've got another old Nebo Redline in my tool box which is a real beater for working on the truck. In time, I will have more lights to spread around. The next light soon to be had, a Sunwayman V60C and a Nitecore TM-11, once they get all the bugs worked out. Then a …, and then a…, and, and etc, etc. Good grief! When will it end? :shakehead

shane45_1911

Enlightened
In the Dodge 2500, the CB/air horn valve box on the center floor is a 2D Maglite with a TLE-6EXB, a Nitecore EX11.2 in the ashtray (a perfect fit). At home in the bedroom is one of my earlier lights, old Nebo Redline on the window sill behind the headboard which is plenty bright and floody for the room and if I should butter finger it and it hits the floor no big deal for it's a beater. For a more serious need for light, I have on the night stand a Fenix TK35 that sits next to a box that holds a FNP .40. I've got a Chinese Ultra Fire-Keygos-whatever 18650 with a XM-L SMO reflector that does a nice job which sits in a kitchen draw next to the side door. Got a V10R Ti for EDC in my nice and casual pants pocket and aV10R XM-L which I should have any day now for my EDC in my work pants pocket. I've got an old MiniMag LED in the server room, and an old Dorcey in my mother's bedroom and I've got another old Nebo Redline in my tool box which is a real beater for working on the truck. In time, I will have more lights to spread around. The next light soon to be had, a Sunwayman V60C and a Nitecore TM-11, once they get all the bugs worked out. Then a …, and then a…, and, and etc, etc. Good grief! When will it end? :shakehead

OMG - don't change fonts. Or at least use paragraphs. I am sorry but I get a headache trying to read this!

Rokron

Newly Enlightened
OMG - don't change fonts. Or at least use paragraphs. I am sorry but I get a headache trying to read this!
Sorry about that, that's the way my mind runs. If I slow down I'll forget what I want to write. How's this?
In the Dodge 2500, the CB/air horn valve box on the center floor is a 2D Maglite with a TLE-6EXB, a Nitecore EX11.2 in the ashtray (a perfect fit).

At home in the bedroom is one of my earlier lights, old Nebo Redline on the window sill behind the headboard which is plenty bright and floody for the room and if I should butter finger it and it hits the floor no big deal for it's a beater. For a more serious need for light, I have on the night stand a Fenix TK35 that sits next to a box that holds a FNP .40.

I've got a Chinese Ultra Fire-Keygos-whatever 18650 with a XM-L SMO reflector that does a nice job which sits in a kitchen draw next to the side door.

Got a V10R Ti for EDC in my nice and casual pants pocket and aV10R XM-L which I should have any day now for my EDC in my work pants pocket.

I've got an old MiniMag LED in the server room, and an old Dorcey in my mother's bedroom and I've got another old Nebo Redline in my tool box which is a real beater for working on the truck.

In time, I will have more lights to spread around. The next light soon to be had, a Sunwayman V60C and a Nitecore TM-11, once they get all the bugs worked out. Then a …, and then a…, and, and etc, etc. Good grief! When will it end? :shakehead

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Always have one in my pocket, then
Two in the kitchen drawer
On in the basement office
One in my briefcase
One on each of my & wifes keychains
The rest, in my nightstand,
Which ends up where is pretty much changing all the time.

Richub

Enlightened
I got a pair of big self built loudspeakers, the top of those make a perfect place to put my flashlights on display. :) They are also easy to grab from there to play with them. ;)

And my EDC lights are of course in their normal places: My jeans pocket, EDC backpack, and coat pockets.

JohnnyLunar

Newly Enlightened
I'm slightly embarrassed to admit this, but I keep my 9 Surefire lights in a plastic foam-padded pistol case with a Surefire sticker on the outside. When I want to show people my Surefire collection, it's convenient to just carry the little case around. When I'm at home, I just keep it open on a table, and grab whichever light I want to use or play with.

My pocket lights I keep in a hinged felt-lined wood presentation box near the kitchen, where I dump my wallet, keys, knife, etc. when I come home each day.

Other general use lights I keep in easy-access spots like next to the bed, truck center console, drawers and shelves throughout the house, permanently mounted to weapons, etc.