Romisen Rc-G2 now Ssc p4, going to be xml ?

wollie88

Newly Enlightened
Iv got a rc-g2 that i modded with a ssc p4. The driver has been swapped for a multimode one that supplies 700mA to the led on high.
This thing works briliantly. But on my quest of making this a pocket rocket i decided to convert it to xml t6.
With the p4 its nice and floody but stil has a good throw, making it verry usefull for edc.

My question is what kind of beam can i acspect ? I think and hope its gone be compareble to the Ssc p4.
Anyone made a xml rc-g2 before ?

moderator007

Enlightened
The xml should have a larger hotspot with a brighter spill. If you are wanting close to the same beam profile you had but brighter. The xpg maybe a better choice. The cree xre and ssc p4 are from what i have read, really close to the same profile. The xpg will also probably have a larger hotspot with brighter spill. Just not as large as the xml. If you use a more powerful driver is where the xml will shine. The xpg can also handle a much stronger driver. There is a point where to much light up close, will overwhelm your eyes. Making too much light useless. Modes do help with this problem.

Last edited: