New emitter for Novatac 120P?

Quacker

Newly Enlightened
Today I walked past my flashlight shelf and I noticed my Novatac 120P sitting there in one corner. My mind flashed to the past how i used to take this light everywhere i go and that it never left my side. It was my favorite light and it was my edc. All of that is now a distant memory as times have changed, and I have moved on to better lights. Lights are getting more efficient and powerful, the 120P's 120lumens is now a joke compared with my current favorite - the SC600 and as a result, the 120P is sitting there collecting dust and will become a relic as it will probably will never get used again.
So I was wondering, is there a way to inject new life into this little beauty? Can we put a new emitter in it to make it more brighter? Just the thought of not touching my 120P again breaks my heart :(

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice mod there, vestureofblood. I've been thinking about this same thing (emitter swap) with my 120P, but I just love the beam of the original SSC LED, just about perfect as far as I'm concerned, so I may just keep it stock.

I'll be interested to see what you do with yours, Quacker.

Flucero28

Enlightened
A neutral luxeon K2 mod I did on my novatac made it one of my favorite lights! Great tint and an amazing boost in output.