Fenix Lights - Momentary

solidstate42

Newly Enlightened
Do any of the LD or PD series lights for Fenix have momentary? I couldn't tell from their website. I'm contemplating buying a LD10 or LD20. Thanks.

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want a Fenix LD series light with momentary, the LD25 is your light. 3 modes with 2 brightness levels per mode, neutral tint, indestructible.

That said, the LD10, LD20, and LD25 don't run properly on AA alkaline cells or AA lithium primary cells (like the Energizer ultimate). Alkaline cells cause the low mode to become medium (2 exact same medium levels and no low). Lithium primary cells cause low and masium to become high (3 exact same high modes and no low or medium). Everything functions properly after you use the light for a while and the cells discharge (can take a while). The lights work fine on NiMh cells such as Eneloops.

Last edited:

GunnarGG

Enlightened
LD25 and LD40 has forward clicky with momentary on.
The lights that change mode with the on/off switch works better with reverse clicky IMHO.
If you change mode with another button (LD40) or twist the head (LD25) then I prefer forward clicky (with momentary)
Also lights with only 2 modes (like Surefire G2X pro) works fine with forward clicky.