p60 indcandescent

01xr650r

Newly Enlightened
I recently got a l2m solarforce with an xm-l drop in as a gift. But I was wondering how I can do an incandescent setup in here? All the bulbs I see for sale have the base/pill, but no reflector. Is there any somewhat cheap kit I can get which has it all? I would like to run it off of 1 18650, if possible I can get 2 16340's and do that if it is a lot brighter. I don't care so much about run time, it would just be used around the house and yard. I still sort of like the look of incans, and it's basically free to run with rechargeable. So could I use the reflector off of my xm-l pill? Or what? I want something bright, even if it's only 30-45 minute of run time. I've seen some DX/manafront/etc ones, but I was hoping to find something here in the USA so I could use it sooner, instead of waiting forever for a possible shoddy product.

Thanks
Josh

gcbryan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got one of the DX ones to use rechargeable RCR123's with. It seems as good as the Surefire 6V drop-in I had before. I'm sure there are places to order in the U.S. however. I just don't know of them. I'm sure someone that does will be along soon.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumens Factory modules get very high marks from many CPF'ers, and would be an excellent place to start, and if you find yourself satisfied, finish as well.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I would like to run it off of 1 18650, if possible I can get 2 16340's and do that if it is a lot brighter. I don't care so much about run time, it would just be used around the house and yard.
I'm definitely not an incan expert, but with regards to cells, IMO your best bet for getting maximum output with at least some runtime would be to use 2x AW IMR 18350's in your 18mm host. These cells, powering a 7.4v lamp assembly, will be a very good incan combination in your light.

Last edited:

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want the most "bang for your buck", get a hold of two 18350 IMR's ( as kestrel suggested) and a Lumens Factory EO-9. 700 lumens of toasty Incan glory :D

01xr650r

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I am looking at the e09 and the e04. Is the bulb life pretty good in these? I'm guessing if it blows you just buy the whole new assembly? I think I'm liking the e04 because I won't have to buy any new batteries, and it says to not run the eo9 for more than 10 minutes, so it must get quite hot!

HotWire

Flashlight Enthusiast
The EO-9 is a good bulb. If you intend to leave it on a long time, I'd buy something else, but if you want to see critters on the fence it's a best choice. With 2 X 16340 you'll love it. I've got the EO-9 with two 16340 and I love it!

01xr650r

Newly Enlightened
I think I'm gonna go with the eo4 so I don't have to get any new batteries. How long do the bulbs last on average? Am I going to be replacing it every few battery drains, or can I expect some decent life out of it?