10W 12V led light teardown - looking at using it for a dive light

nickscott18

Newly Enlightened
Hi All
Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this, but as its only really going to be of use for DIY, it seems the right spot. I recently bought a cheap 12V 10W led light from ebay, with the thought of using it for camping, but after looking at it, and tearing it apart, thought it would make the ideal head for a diving light (looking at putting 3 - 4 xm-l T6 leds in it, with the drivers in the back), so here are some pictures. They are a bit fuzzy, (currently only got a camera phone to take them with), but hopefully they should give a good indication to anyone else looking to buy a similar unit for a light head.
First of all, the auction photo.
L454-1_1.jpg

The front before it was torn apart.
2011-12-03_16-34-44_30.jpg

The front with the reflector off. It is flat on the inside, and the dimensions are approximately 55MM diameter x 20mm deep.
2011-12-03_16-52-43_143.jpg

All the front bits, the front plastic has a silicone feeling seal on the outside edge, for making it somewhat watertight.
2011-12-03_16-35-13_979_0.jpg

The back dismantled. The cavity here is approximately 40mm diameter x 23mm deep.
2011-12-03_16-36-15_952.jpg

Hopefully these are of use to someone, when I get time to do anything with it I will update here.

CyberCT

Enlightened
Pictures don't work. I'd like to see how this progresses because I'm interested in creating a snorkeling light that's custom.

nickscott18

Newly Enlightened
Pictures don't work. I'd like to see how this progresses because I'm interested in creating a snorkeling light that's custom.
Sorry about that, they were hosted on my VPS, and the provider has disappeared off the face of the earth, will sort it this weekend. And there has been no progress on it lately, except for my other dive light being damaged, so this one will get a hurry up before too much longer.