PT Rage vs. PT Tec 40

artar

Enlightened
On brightguys website (www.brightguy.com) the Tec 40 is listet with
28 Lumens
and the PT Rage is listed with
41 Lumens.

the HMP20 of the Tec40 should have around 2,5 Watts and the Rage should also be in that area.

Now, wich one puts out more light ?

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm. I've owned both, but returned the Tec 40 (damaged my NiMHs and then wouldn't work reliably). Seems like from what I remember, the two lights are "similar" total output.

I like the Rage for being a really compact little light that can be carried in a pocket (or ladies purse) very, very easily that will put out a really bright light when needed.

I like to carry my PT Attitude (on NiMH) as my primary light (bright enough for just about every need) and the Rage in a pocket, just in case I need a burst of really bright light). The fact that both lights share the same battery size, body and light module size is just a real bonus!

What I'd really like is a lamp module for the Rage that would put out a laser like spot like the Stealthlite 'cause the Attitude already does a nice job of putting out a flood-style light for close work.

"The best flashlight is the one that you will have with you when you need it!"

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
artar,
I suspect Greg may have the lumen output of the 2 reversed. The Rage is a 2.5 watt & the PT40 is 4 watt. The Rage is a very good light for it's size, but the PT 40 puts out a lot more light. Probably like compareing the PT 40 & the Surge. Both are 6V, but the Surge has a lot more battery storage to pull from. TX

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The last rage I bought was well over a year ago and the Tec 40 blew it away. I wasn't real impressed with the rage other then it's size. Did they every put a fauceted reflector on that light? The one I bought was smooth and the ringy beam reflected that.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
It still has the same reflector. A little WriteRight does wonders for it. It does put out a lot of light for it's size. TX

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by geepondy:
...wasn't real impressed with the rage other then it's size.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Well... that is the impressive part (it's size).
smile.gif

JimM

Newly Enlightened
If nothing else, the Rage makes a wonderful battery carrier for my Attitude....waterproof to boot. They use the same battery as my 2-way radio....hmmmmmmm, why do I like them?
Jim

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by JimM:
...Rage makes a wonderful battery carrier for my Attitude
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Exactly! A compact battery carrier that can also produce some really bright light!

Plus...if you "use up" the AAAs in the Rage, the Attitude will still suck some additional life out of the batteries!

brightnorm

Flashaholic
Originally posted by geepondy:
.....Did they every put a fauceted reflector on that light? The one I bought was smooth and the ringy beam reflected that.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Every Rage that I bought over the last 1 1/2 years has a faceted reflector and produces an excellent, impressive beam.

Only one problem: very short bright runtime. Really a pity, otherwise a great little light.

Before you buy, call the vendor and ask about the reflector. I'm sure any one of our goodguy dealers will be happy to help.

Brightnorm