My flashlights

200fr

Newly Enlightened
I have had a 3-d maglight for a while, no mods, a vector rechargable 1 million cp spotlight, 10 led AT-100 flashlight, DORCY 4 aa lantern, Garrity 3 led headlamp, photon II keychain, and an aa min mag which i just bought this unit for. http://flashlightsunlimited.com/magmaled.htm

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
200fr...I have one of the old and one of the new style MagmaLED's. They are good products IMHO as far as doing what they were designed for. However, 1 word of caution: If they do have a weak point, it's the pins that plug into the bulb socket. The older style one that I have started to flicker (I'm using it in a 2XAAA MiniMag), so I took it out and noticed that the pins were becoming loose. To avoid any more loosening as a result of the light being turned on and off, I permanently affixed it in place on the AAA MiniMag with a drop of super glue. Problem solved with that one. On the newer model that I bought directly from Technology Associates, the pins became extremely loose after only a couple days use. They're so loose now that more times than not it won't even turn on; and when it does turn on it is only about 1/4 brightness. It can probably be resoldered, but it would require a far steadier hand than I have due to the extremely small size of what needs to be soldered. If you plan on keeping the MagmaLED in the same light, I HIGHLY recommend permanently affixing it in place with a drop of super glue so it can't "shift" around in the socket when being turned on and off. Also, be extremely careful not to over-tighten it when turning it off...they're good products, but the pins are EXTREMELY fragile! FYI...

PJD