The first AND the last Sunwayman Gold Ti2 - it's HERE!

threethrty

Newly Enlightened
Nice! Congrats! I didn't know they were numbered. I may be joining your club soon....

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
Usual clip :( Same plastic box as anniv edition. Slightly warmer tint than T6.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am waiting for my V10R Ti2 in gold to arrive. How do you find the beam?

Fiskar

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, looks real nice, do they do the limited edition every year?

Looking at the UK distributor which is the closest to me, Sunwayman are all out of the V10R, V10R Ti and the limited edition unit you proudly have :(

Have emailed them to enquire.

kkeyser

Newly Enlightened
Those are gorgeous! I didn't think anybody even had them yet and the only places I have seen them for sale, didn't actually have them in stock, but were taking pre-orders.

Where did you get this from and how were you able to get it so quick? Impressive!

Which one do you prefer, the gold or the black?

Bigmac_79

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice looking! I also didn't know that they were numbered or available yet.

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, looks real nice, do they do the limited edition every year?

Looking at the UK distributor which is the closest to me, Sunwayman are all out of the V10R, V10R Ti and the limited edition unit you proudly have :(

Have emailed them to enquire.
The Ti is still available, look in other countries. Some ship outside although I don't think they're supposed to. Sunwayman probably will celebrate their anniversary every year but it's not for me to say. They've only been out (now known as Sunwayman) for about a year now although they have over 8 years experience making lights for other companies. I hope you have some luck at least with the Ti.

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
I am waiting for my V10R Ti2 in gold to arrive. How do you find the beam?
Guess you're one of the lucky ones... just out of curiousity, where did you get yours? I find it has a wider beam than the V10R XML and a good deal warmer, but not warm like a T5. It does have a slight green tinge, but not sickly, more of a golf green if that makes sense. No artifacts, smooth. Goes down low, real low (not sure if all of them do).

A fair ways outside the general spill area, there is a very interesting but not unattractive Gold ring all on its own. I think it is the reflection off the bezel. All of the cuts on this light are raw and it feels really grippy. I think one could even use the bezel in a self defense situation. All in all, nice beam, different experience, reasonably good color rendition, I'm happy with it. :) My new EDC (hopefully for some time to come).

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
Those are gorgeous! I didn't think anybody even had them yet and the only places I have seen them for sale, didn't actually have them in stock, but were taking pre-orders.

Where did you get this from and how were you able to get it so quick? Impressive!

Which one do you prefer, the gold or the black?
I don't think anyone does have them, maybe now they do. A friend of mine is opening an online camping goods store soon and even he was only able to get one of each. I had to throw a lot of bills at him as he was rather reluctant to part company with these babies.

I don't know, the black isn't really black, it's like titanium gunmetal with a hint of brown or green, I'm not really sure but it's impressive. It's more subtle than the Gold, but still nice. The Gold feels like raw jewelry, but like a machine, like a car that hasn't been given it's final paintjob. I pick one up and say: "I like this one", then I pick up the other and say: "I don't know, this one is nice too". LOL

There are differences would you believe. The Gold goes down lower lumenwise (I'm talking 1/4 lumen vs 1/2) and there mine is one of 89, the 'Black/Green' is one of 99. Interestingly, the Dark has a shinier reflector and seems to throw just a smidgeon more, but has artifacts in the beam, whereas the Gold has everything smoothed out. But hey, 500 lumens is 500 lumens, no matter how you slice it. I can't decide.

Would have been nice if they'd made enough of them to make everyone happy.

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guess you're one of the lucky ones... just out of curiousity, where did you get yours? I find it has a wider beam than the V10R XML and a good deal warmer, but not warm like a T5. It does have a slight green tinge, but not sickly, more of a golf green if that makes sense. No artifacts, smooth. Goes down low, real low (not sure if all of them do).

A fair ways outside the general spill area, there is a very interesting but not unattractive Gold ring all on its own. I think it is the reflection off the bezel. All of the cuts on this light are raw and it feels really grippy. I think one could even use the bezel in a self defense situation. All in all, nice beam, different experience, reasonably good color rendition, I'm happy with it. :) My new EDC (hopefully for some time to come).

I contacted Sunwayman and asked them for all their distributors. I then contacted all of them and asked if they would be getting the V10R Ti2 in gold finish. I managed to get mine from flashaholics.co.uk

Thanks for the info on the beam. I too have noticed that the low is different on my units.

Fiskar

Newly Enlightened
Just ordered my V10R 2012 version that just came back in stock. Maybe one day I'll get a limited edition Ti2!

Triac

Newly Enlightened
If you haven't seen this already, anyone still interested in the Ti2 might want to check over in the Dealer's Section of CPFMP. A US dealer has posted a clarification thread regarding these special editions and their availability. "Zero" hour appears to be this Thursday, 10:00 AM EST.

Lou Maan

Newly Enlightened
I contacted Sunwayman and asked them for all their distributors. I then contacted all of them and asked if they would be getting the V10R Ti2 in gold finish. I managed to get mine from flashaholics.co.uk

Thanks for the info on the beam. I too have noticed that the low is different on my units.
Wow! Great work. Your diligence sure paid off. It all comes down to how bad you want something and what you'll do to get it (and a little bit of luck). Congratulations. The only downside to this flashlight for me is now when I hold my other lights, I like them less, and I'm ready to settle down. Ie. I have stopped 'playing the field' and I'm satisfied with what I have. Okay, it's only been two days but you know what I'm saying, nothing compares to its weight and feel, nothing! I don't know if I could ever love another LOL.