Fenix TK21...cat is outta the bag.

Limey Johnson

Newly Enlightened
my GF hates my flashlight fetish, but she's still pretty darn smart when it comes to performance lights.

today she let the cat out of the bag on one of my gifts for xmas.

From what I have read and seen on the web, she did pretty well too. She scored me a Fenix TK21 U2.

Anything cool to tell me about it? any personal experience with this model?

TIA

MrLi

Newly Enlightened
nice! but you still gotta wait! :nana:

I have it, and I really like the interface of it...simple, and it steps up (low > medium > high > turbo) and feels solid to hold.
Though, I admit I don't have to the need to use the turbo mode, but it's lovely to have it there...i usually use it in high mode :D

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's a great light. So many lumens from a medium sized light. Like MrLi said, I rarely NEED to use the higest mode, but it is nice to have just for the WOW factor. I like the two button arrangement, and the four widely spaced levels.

It was very nice of your GF to get a light for you when she doesn't like your hobby that much.

Hope you two have a Merry Christmas.

Thrifty

Cataract

Flashlight Enthusiast
my GF hates my flashlight fetish, but she's still pretty darn smart when it comes to performance lights.

today she let the cat out of the bag on one of my gifts for xmas.

From what I have read and seen on the web, she did pretty well too. She scored me a Fenix TK21 U2.

Anything cool to tell me about it? any personal experience with this model?

TIA

I won't spoil this surprise for you (if you have to ask I can already tell you'll just love it), but I suspect she might be expecting a wedding ring in return and if I was in your place I would really consider it.

That guy

Newly Enlightened
Never used that light but I have been reading alot about it as its at the top of my list. I think you will be happy with that light and even happier with that gf!

Richub

Enlightened
I got the TK21 too when it came out: It's plainly amazing!

The only downside on this light might be the fact that it doesn't work too well on cheaper 18650 batteries. It will drop out of turbo within a few minutes on those 18650's.
But using it on CR123a's will give you full power for approx 70-90 minutes, depending on the quality of your CR123a's.

I'm sure you'll love it. :)