RiderLight helmet mounted LED brake light

alanz

Newly Enlightened
Not a flashlight, but yet another (cool) implementation of LED lighting... this time to increase motorcycle rider conspicuity.

I installed a Riderlight helmet mounted brake light system onto my helmets. Interesting wireless unit uses a transmitter attached to the brake light wiring.

riderlightj_small.jpg

Click here for details and photos of the installation.

Enjoy!

alanz

Newly Enlightened
I just realized that this thread probably should have been put under the non-flashlight general section. If this is the case, please have one of the moderators go ahead and move it. If it's of greater interest to the LED crowd, perhaps this is the correct place.

Thanks!

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
I have seen the product reviewed in the motorcycling press. I thnk it was RiDE magazine... It is a very clever device, using a radio link from the bike's wiring loom. The product is sold by M&P ans all good motorbike accessory outlets! I've often hought about sticking one of these on the cissy bar as well as one on the rear of my helmet. Bikes often have much higher braking abilities than many cars, so any way of alerting other road users can only bring added safety!