An Ultra-Bright 3 LED Drop-In for SureFire C3 Centurion

iDub

Newly Enlightened
My brother owns a SF C3 Centurion, and he upgraded the LEDs and it has an impressive 1100 Lumens from 3 LEDs. Please tell me which one he uses.

nbp

Flashaholic
:welcome:

Probably one of the Torchlab Triple XP-G modules from member Moddoo. You can get them here. Is your brother a member here? If not, he should be. :devil:

signal 13

Enlightened
I just might need to get one of these for my other hostless C3. Sounds like a popular dropin. Was gonna get another M91, but might go the triple route instead!

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I just might need to get one of these for my other hostless C3. Sounds like a popular dropin. Was gonna get another M91, but might go the triple route instead!
Definitely a great idea to have one of each instead. The floodier M91 is nearly optimum for close quarters & brushy/heavily forested areas IMO, but the Moddoo triple is a perfect general-use dropin - particularly the multi-mode version.

iDub

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I believe he do NOT have a CPF account, and I think thats the one he's been using.... Does anyone know how to take the head off of the SF G2X Tactical? I wanna replace the factory LED with the Modoo ones...

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Thanks, I believe he do NOT have a CPF account, and I think thats the one he's been using.... Does anyone know how to take the head off of the SF G2X Tactical? I wanna replace the factory LED with the Modoo ones...

I don't believe the newer "X" series of lights is designed to be modular like that. You would have to get a C2 or 6P or Z2 incan and put the Moddoo assembly in there, something with replaceable P60 modules.

Dingle1911

Enlightened
That lamp assembly looks neat. Are there any multi-led assemblies that will allow you to run CR123 Primaries. I like primaries and I have made the jump to anything else. I just find primaries convient. This would just be a light to play with, runtime would not be a concern.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
... How do I get them if they're discontinued? Ebay? Amazon?

Drops ins were originally designed as retrofit for incan (non LED models). As SF moves toward 100% LED models, 'retrofitibility' is disappearing. You can find discontinued SF incan models on ebay, cpfm, and the link below. You can also buy hosts, designed from scratch to accept drop ins, including the Triple. Moddoo also has a new purpose built platform (called Moddoolar) that has the same triple engine without the need for drop in architecture.