Got my Klarus XT1C and XT2C

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 1C is a really nice small single Cr123 light with an XPG-R5. It has a nice defined hot spot.
The anodizing is nice and the color is the Klarus Mil green. It is nice and bright and throws nicely with decent spill.

The XT2C is a larger than expected light falling in size larger than a Quark X 123x2, but just slightly smaller than most other 2 cell lights, it is just slightly shorter than the XT-10 and a tiny bit thinner. It accepts one 18650 batteries easily and really quite bright using a XML-T6, of course due to the smaller diameter bezel this light is very floody with a very large hot spot at about 3 feet away. Butt it is bright. Both lights have the Klarus two part tactical rear tail switch with instant access to strobe and three output levels. There is no memory and the lights always come on in high mode initially.

With the appropriate pressure switch set the XT-2C would make a nice light to mount on a shotgun (if it can handle the recoil) since it is smaller and a shotgun does not require the throw of a typical long gun. I may get the pressure switch for it and give a test run on my Police pump gun.

The one place that Klarus did not get things right is that any of the XT's except the XT10 do not have a pocket clip.

Overall I like the XT series, they fit MY idea of how a tactical interface should work.

takmatsumoto

Newly Enlightened
I love xt2c too.

Is any picture that I can see?

How long can be used in max output??

ledmitter

Enlightened
I love xt2c too.

Is any picture that I can see?

How long can be used in max output??

2ia8p6h.jpg

:thumbsup:

Really like it. I get about 2 hours 10 min using a single 18650 (Tenergy). 470 lumens is nice. But I wish it had the XT11's power with 600.

HIDblue

Enlightened
The XT2C looks like a great light with true one-handed operation when switching modes, but I don't get why they didn't add a pocket clip to it?

It seems like there's a gap in between the body and tailcap where a pocket clip could go...maybe a Quark clip would fit.

PA86

Newly Enlightened
I am currently trying to decide between these two lights.

Any chance we could get a picture of them together for size comparison?

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am currently trying to decide between these two lights.

Any chance we could get a picture of them together for size comparison?

My entire collection of the XT Series

Not my best work (photographically)

XTSeries-2.png
[/IMG]

Last edited:

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine are not bad, when I caompare it to some of my other lights (in the back ground) I have no issues with the tints at all.

PA86

Newly Enlightened
How would you rate your multiple Klarus's for EDC?

I am really torn between the higher output of the 2c vs the pocketability of the 1c.

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since I tend to wear 5.11 style pants off duty I have large cargo type pockets. If I wanted to I could probably EDC the Xtar S1.
I do like the handling of the 2C over the smaller 1C.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I edc the XT11, which works great for me...but I would not want to go much larger than that, as I'm in jeans a lot too.

:D

pchapman86

Newly Enlightened
Just recieved my XT1C, sans clip - has anyone found a good clip that fit's and can be bought seperately?

Labrador72

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd look for the deep-carry clip: the tailcap is somewhat long so it protudes out of the pocket. Assuming you'd find any that fits.
If not returning and/or exchange it for the XT1C version with clip - the Klarus clip though isn't great.