Beamshot comparisons of some popular XM-L lights and others

Glock 22

Enlightened
Here are some beamshot comparisons kyhunter1 and me took.

Vyhnguyen54 XM-L U2 DD P60 module 800 lumens at 30 yards.
EAGLETAC023.jpg

Powerhouse lineup at 30 yards!
EAGLETAC026.jpg

Anto XPG R5 AT 30 yards, best tinted R5 ever
EAGLETAC025.jpg

Malkoff M91W at 30 yards.
EAGLETAC024.jpg

Eagletac P20C2 XM-L at 30 yards.
EAGLETAC022.jpg

Surefire E2DL 200 lumens at 30 yards.
EAGLETAC021.jpg

Eagletac G25C2 XM-L U2 at 30 yards.
EAGLETAC020.jpg

Surefire Fury at 30 yards.
EAGLETAC019.jpg

Malkoff M91N ~4000K at around 35 to 40 yards give or take.
b007.jpg

Lot of lights
EAGLETAC017.jpg

Last edited:

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the Surefire Fury just as bright as the Eagletac G25C2?
Great pics!!!!!
Thanks for doing this!!!!!!

Glock 22

Enlightened
Is the Surefire Fury just as bright as the Eagletac G25C2?
Great pics!!!!!
Thanks for doing this!!!!!!
Your welcome! Pretty much. I like the Fury better but it's real close to the same. In size wise the fury is smaller compaired to the Eagletac but I can't fault one or the other, just price range. kyhunter1 had a big part in the pics also it was his idea.

jcalvert

Enlightened
Hi "GLOCK 22",

Thanks for those beamshots. I hope you'll keep using that site since the heavy equipment helps to show a light's ability to make out detail, whether it's based on output or tint. And then the trees add a second distance dimension, but the bare foreground shows a light's type of flood beam or spill.

So I assume the equipment is the 30 yard target, but how much further to the tree line? Also if you have enough room to back up the camera to 50 yards or 100 yards for throwers, that would be very helpful.

Very nice work, thanks for the sacrifice of your time! :thumbsup:

p.s. Thanks to "kyhunter1" as well for making these beamshot comparisons happen!
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:

Glock 22

Enlightened
Hi "GLOCK 22",

Thanks for those beamshots. I hope you'll keep using that site since the heavy equipment helps to show a light's ability to make out detail, whether it's based on output or tint. And then the trees add a second distance dimension, but the bare foreground shows a light's type of flood beam or spill.

So I assume the equipment is the 30 yard target, but how much further to the tree line? Also if you have enough room to back up the camera to 50 yards or 100 yards for throwers, that would be very helpful.

Very nice work, thanks for the sacrifice of your time! :thumbsup:
Yes the equipment was the target, we tried some at 100 yards but it was just worthless it would'nt of helped you really could'nt get a good pic my guess is on some of these 50 to 70 is tops. Your welcome kyhunter1 was the mastermind behind this, maybe we'll try to get some more pics a little later.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like the pics came out pretty good. It will give a decent comparison with some of the lights. Like the GLOCK22 said, we could not get the 100 yard beamshots to come out at all. The bushes behind the logging equipment will give a 50 yard reference anyhow. The powerhouse shot was with a bunch of our lights on at the same time. Hope you all will like the pics, we tried hard.

Glock 22

Enlightened
If anyone else can share some of there beamshots please share them with us. That way we may want to add to our collection! :wave:

Last edited:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lights in order L to R.

Toothless SF E2DL 200 lumen model, Cree C8 XRE, pair of E1B's one 80 and one 110 lumens both with the same percieved brightness, Surefire 6P with a Anto R5 module best xpg tint ever, Fivemega/M91W, Solarforce lego/vyhnguyen XML U2 DD, Quark XPE 123^2, Surefire G3/M61WL, Eagletac P20C2 MK11 XML, Surefire Fury, Eagletac G25C2 XML U2.

These are the best of mine and GLOCK22's lights.

Last edited: