Anyone picked-up a ArmyTek Viking X?

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not like I need another hole in my head, but If you did (Did I say that right? ... :thinking: ... Anyways). What are your thoughts on the Viking X? Oh, and a few action photos would be nice/appreciated as well! ... :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Last edited:

firelord777

Enlightened
Hey, I actually have the Viking S and X, I will post the review in an hour or two, and yes, there will be lots of pics for you, don't worry:)

Personally, I love this light, its simplicity and tank/ solid feel in the hand is awesome, but the only down for others( not me) is the somewhat green or neutral tint. Hope it helps:)

duro

Enlightened
It's not like I need another hole in my head, but If you did (Did I say that right? ... :thinking: ... Anyways). What are your thoughts on the Viking X? Oh, and a few action photos would be nice/appreciated as well! ... :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Heh, you mean you need this type of light like you need another hole in your head. Seems ok, but there are far better choices at this price point.

firelord777

Enlightened
Sorry for the delay, but, I had some stuff to finish up, maybe I'll post the review hopefully this afternoon

ScottsLight

Newly Enlightened
I just got a new Viking X yesterday and it wouldn't work straight out of the box. Well actually it will light up, but then it immediately starts flickering no matter the setting. Even the function that is the turbo setting alone, comes on bright and then immediately starts random flickering. Very disappointing, especially at this price point. If they are sending out lights that are worthless straight out of the box, I wonder how their QC will be in the future. I think for $100.00, the darn thing should put out some light as it's advertised. I've tried everything I know, changed sets of batteries out a couple of times and nothing helps. All settings go into random flickering within 2 to 5 seconds......that is if you can get it to change to that setting. I've notified Armytek. The sent an email saying they could send me a new head, but I haven't seen the new head of any indication that it has been sent. I also notified my retailer who has a great reputation. Haven't heard back. Hopefully this gets resolved soon, but it sure has left a bad taste in my mouth in regards to Armytek.

duro

Enlightened
I think the predator is the way to go. The viking seems so simple and not really that great of a light.

duro

Enlightened
I just got a new Viking X yesterday and it wouldn't work straight out of the box. Well actually it will light up, but then it immediately starts flickering no matter the setting. Even the function that is the turbo setting alone, comes on bright and then immediately starts random flickering. Very disappointing, especially at this price point. If they are sending out lights that are worthless straight out of the box, I wonder how their QC will be in the future. I think for $100.00, the darn thing should put out some light as it's advertised. I've tried everything I know, changed sets of batteries out a couple of times and nothing helps. All settings go into random flickering within 2 to 5 seconds......that is if you can get it to change to that setting. I've notified Armytek. The sent an email saying they could send me a new head, but I haven't seen the new head of any indication that it has been sent. I also notified my retailer who has a great reputation. Haven't heard back. Hopefully this gets resolved soon, but it sure has left a bad taste in my mouth in regards to Armytek.

Sounds like a bad switch. Have them send you a tailcap.