Streamlight Micro: My first decent light.

ds960

Newly Enlightened
Just got my MS this morning. It has to be the neatest light I have ever owned. Bright, lightweight, and easy to carry. How many of you use the supplied lanyard? I can't decide to either use the clip in my pocket, or not. By the way, I'm glad I read the reviews here on CPF, because I remembered to lift the clip to avoid scratching the anodizing. Thanks for the warm welcome so far, and I'm looking forward to getting my next light!

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got my MS this morning. It has to be the neatest light I have ever owned. Bright, lightweight, and easy to carry. How many of you use the supplied lanyard? I can't decide to either use the clip in my pocket, or not. By the way, I'm glad I read the reviews here on CPF, because I remembered to lift the clip to avoid scratching the anodizing. Thanks for the warm welcome so far, and I'm looking forward to getting my next light!

Good choice of first light,it was my first light also.Had mine I suppose about 4 or 5 years now and still in use,was my edc but now I use it for my r/c hobby trucks.Only downside of the light is the stiff push button but it is common on all MS.When the light flickers or fails to come on first time after a click,batteries need changing,like that clue.Tip to stop scratching pop a tiny piece of heat shrink like in the enclosed pic.

Itp A3 with heat shrink to stop scratching.

ITPA3.jpg

HIDblue

Enlightened
:welcome:

Good start on The Micro. I just throw mine in my pocket and never had any problems with accidental activations. Don't sweat the scratching, the finish will wear off over time anyways. I have a buddy who has an older Micro where most of the anodizing has already worn off from use/wear, but it still works like a charm.

Racer

Enlightened
The clip on mine doesn't scratch the body when I change the battery. It sits just a hair away. I wonder if maybe they've fixed that issue or mine has just loosened the clip from carrying it clipped to my pocket.

I am still digging on my MS after about 2 weeks of carrying it around. It's a great little light. I don't even have much interest in putting a 10440 in it. If I want more lumens then I'll bust out a different light. So far this light is perfect for me just the way it is.

GForGeep

Newly Enlightened
I agree with everyone else, the microstream is, IMO, the best light to add to your EDC (I use it as my backup). I have an ITP A3 EOS and even though the ITP has 3 modes and gets close to 100 lumens on high, the microstream has great throw (better than the ITP throws) and brightness for only being rated at 28 lumens. I have a few and I want to get a 10440 for one to see if I even need to bring a bigger light as my primary EDC.

NM08SRT8

Newly Enlightened
I got this light about a two months ago with the new updated clip that lets you clip it on the bill of your hat (will never use this since I don't wear hats) and it works good. However. I've been wanting something around the same size, but brighter. I was looking at the stainless steel Jetbeam E3S, think its about 155lumens on a AA.

Anyone have any recommendations on max brightness on either AA or AAA configs while keeping the same size?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

ds960

Newly Enlightened
Well, after the first 24 hours, I still am impressed! I did install an advanced lithium AAA, but I will be switching to an L92 at the end of the week to see if it makes a difference. I did notice the light is quite a bit brighter w/lithium vs. the Energizer alkaline that was packed with it.

I did notice one thing, though. The threads between the tail cap and the body are losing the anodizing, just from the couple of time I removed The cap to change the batteries, and it seems a bit rough to turn, but the threads are fine. Any suggestions to grease them up, along with the o ring, or should I just leave it alone?

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with everyone else, the microstream is, IMO, the best light to add to your EDC (I use it as my backup). I have an ITP A3 EOS and even though the ITP has 3 modes and gets close to 100 lumens on high, the microstream has great throw (better than the ITP throws) and brightness for only being rated at 28 lumens. I have a few and I want to get a 10440 for one to see if I even need to bring a bigger light as my primary EDC.

As the owner of both I find the Itp a far better deal as I wear mine in a shirt pocket as an edc and having 3 modes is better for my line of use.

Racer

Enlightened
I did notice one thing, though. The threads between the tail cap and the body are losing the anodizing, just from the couple of time I removed The cap to change the batteries, and it seems a bit rough to turn, but the threads are fine. Any suggestions to grease them up, along with the o ring, or should I just leave it alone?

It is slight, but mine has the same issue. I wasn't even sure if I was seeing bare metal. But with the switch turned on the light will turn on before the top of the body hits the cap. I guess if you need the tailcap lockout to work then you're hosed. But it doesn't really matter to me other than thinking the anodizing should've been a little better quality.