Hate to beat a dead horse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mindcrime

Newly Enlightened
...but, I ordered 2 Arc AA 2nds yesterday morning with standard 3 day shipping, and they are on a truck heading my way 24 hours later. Should be here anytime. Is there even a need for next day shipping option?

Arc rules!!! Thanks Peter and Merri.

We may need to start an Arcoholics Anonymous group at this rate. I keep buying more.

Citori

Newly Enlightened
Arc must have a deal with FedEx. I sent in a dead AAA and the replacement got here the day after they received it.

mindcrime

Newly Enlightened
Quite a deal indeed. My Arc AAs just got here. Seconds? Can't figure out why, as usual. I have a first coming from PaulW to compare.

Totally sweet lights.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
FedEx is simply the best shipper for us.

Btw, the lead time now on the Arc-AAs is about 2-3 weeks for back orders. New orders will be taken in about 3-4 weeks. The demand continues to surprise.

Peter

shutterbug

Newly Enlightened
What has happened to the shipment to the dealers? I placed an order for 2 with Vicomptel on the 27th and they tell me they still haven't received any. I thought that part of the first batch was set aside for dealers? I got an email stating it had been pushed back to next week and now it's going to be another 2-3 weeks???

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
We have already shipped some to the dealers and we will continue. The next batch to dealers and web orders will go out this coming wednesday.

There will delays. I just want you to know this.

Peter

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
We have already shipped some to the dealers and we will continue. The next batch to dealers and web orders will go out this coming wednesday.

There will delays. I just want to know this.

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Peter, If I'm reading this properly, than I have a HUGE problem with this. Why take the few units that are available to ship to the dealers, when those of us who purchased direct are being told about a 2-3 week delay? Take those units destined to the dealers and start filling the orders which were placed directly with ARC during the pre-ordering process.

The dealers will just need to wait, it's as simple as that.

Kiessling

Flashaholic
maybe the dealers orderes before some of us here? dealers are important, why treat them badly?
bernhard

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
I'm with Nascar on this one.

Arc is a 'direct seller' of their product, ergo they are a defacto dealer and ought to have a primary concern for fullfilling their own customer orders -- especially if they were 'pre-orders' and previous comments had been made regarding delivery dates.

If I had known I could have recieved my light FASTEST by NOT pre-ordering direct from ARC it would have influenced by desicion making process. I'd expect that from a dealer like Surefire, but not from ARC.

bty, after looking over posts on the original pre-order thread... When Pre-ordering was first announced there was no mention by Peter that the light was going to be carried by ARC dealers. And he stressed that supplies will be limited, so order from ARC ASAP if you want to ensure that you are going to recieve a light. The implication is that pre-ordering is 1) the only sure way to get a light and 2) will be shipped as soon as availiable (production is compleated 'on or around 10/10'). Maybe I'm reading things onto this, I don't think so but it's possible... and I admit I did not search every post... just the main ones regarding Pre-ordering.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
kiessling said:
maybe the dealers orderes before some of us here? dealers are important, why treat them badly?
bernhard

[/ QUOTE ]

Specific to this incident, I say this because there was never an indication the dealers would carry the AA, plus the AA was touted as a very limted item. If I had thought or know that I'd get my (9) ARC-AA 1st quicker from a dealer, why would I have ordered directly from ARC?

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Does this mean that remaining pre-orders will ONLY BE FILLED IF THERE ARE UNITS LEFT OVER AFTER FILLING ARC DEALER ORDERS?!?!?!!

Or does this mean ARC has commited to making another run in order to fill ALL pre-orders -- if all current stock is sent to dealers.

It's a basic logic question... either arc has enough units to fill both dealer orders AND direct pre-orders or it does not. If it does have enough, why aren't pre-orders being filled now? If it does not have enough then those who pre-ordered will either not recieve a light, or Arc would have to do another production run to meet their sales commitment.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woowee!

Just to let you know, you guys are driving me nuts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The dealers committed to a certain number of units before we even started taking direct orders. However, when the first shipment was ready, only some dealers had confirmed/paid for their orders. So we shipped all the confirmed orders and a good number of the direct orders. Some of the dealers are just now receiving their stock.

One thing you should know is it was the dealer committments that helped me make the decision to make the AA in the first place.

The next batch of shipments will occur likely around wednesday of next week. We will still be fullfilling back orders at that point. We probally will still have some people who will not get their order filled on that date. For those people, 2-3 weeks is a likely number.

And we certainly won't be taking any new orders until we have completely filled every last back order. That is where the 3-4 weeks number comes in.

Bear with me guys..

Peter

Datasaurusrex

Enlightened
Nascar: If you end up wanting to sell one of those fireflys.... just let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lux_Luminous

Enlightened
Nascar sells flashlights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

(maybe once or twice . . . )

(PayPal waiting) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

"Lux" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.