How is this possible?

Lumenato

Newly Enlightened
Here is something that i find very strange. Is it possible for a neutral light to beat out a cool light in beam distance when both lights (except for one having a neutral led and one have a cool led) use the same batteries, reflector, led (xpe r2) and are the exact same light? I'm asking because the neutral fenix e21 and the regular fenix e21 seem to do just this according to the spec sheet provided (even though the regular has 20 more lumens making this even more strange). The neutral says it goest to a distance of 141m and the regular goes out to 135m (i know the 6 meters isn't a biggy, but it doesn't seem to make sense to me...) I've attached photos of both stat sheets below.

Fenix e21 regular cool:

See Rule #3 Do not Hot Link images - Norm

Last edited by a moderator:

StarHalo

Flashaholic
We don't do manufacturer numbers, especially not vague ones like "distance". I'd wager a proper test with a light meter producing a lux number would give you the predictable result.

Imon

Enlightened
How is this possible that I've been suckered into another ambiguously titled thread? :mad:
I need to stop looking at these threads altogether.

Anyways, blue light scatters more in the atmosphere than yellow light. That's probably the reason why although I'm not 100% sure.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe xpe and xre have a tighter beam than the r5 XPG.
My ld20 q5 out throws the r5, by a little bit though the reflectors were different so I couldn't say for certain

ico

Enlightened
Oops sorry about that. I didn't know i couldn't hot link images.

It maybe a rule here but you should not hotlink anything at all. It is for the sake of those who pay bandwidth usage in their site. Save the images and then upload them

At topic
Most manufaturers overate their products. A personal test may provide a more acurate finding