C2L with KX4 ???

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
Did the C2L ever come with a KX4 head before it was discontinued? SF Customer Service says yes, but I'm not comfortable with their answer; not sure the person I spoke with understood the question.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes. While I never bought a C2 with a KX4, I put a KX4-HA on my C2. While not the BEST LED option, the KX4 has a nice mix of flood-throw and a decent run-time...plus, it'll keep it stock. Samples I've seen, the C2L was mfg'ed with the KX4, albeit, not for a very long time.

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
Interesting, thanks. I've never seen one, nor seen one advertised for sale. I'm not a collector, but wonder if this version would be 'collectible'.

Mikellen

Enlightened
I believe I saw one for sale in the MarketPlace this morning. Unfortunately the site is down right now though.

justlooking

Newly Enlightened
Yes, thanks, that's what got me started investigating: someone has/had a KX4 that he said he took off a C2L. It made me wonder if it was a C2L that had been previosly upgraded with the KX4, or if the C2Ls actually came that way from the factory at some point. Apparently they did, I've just never seen one in captivity.
As you said, MP site is down (again), so I can't ask the individual who has it.