Surefire kx4

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost exclusively use 90s Maglites which unfortunately don't accept the newer adapter xenon bulb. I have a 3C that I would be willing to mod though.

Attachments

• B8DB67C5-A4F4-4C6E-8A68-9AE0A5F738EF.jpeg
    B8DB67C5-A4F4-4C6E-8A68-9AE0A5F738EF.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I almost exclusively use 90s Maglites which unfortunately don't accept the newer adapter xenon bulb. I have a 3C that I would be willing to mod though.
The magnum star bulbs were xenon. The bipins with adapters were Magnum star 2. So the ball I'm talking about is a PR 13.5 base same as the krypton. But quite a bit whiter and brighter. But I have never heard of older lights not accepting the adapter. What is the issue? Is the socket not deep enough or something?
Not available, but here is the bulb. I have a few of them.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think so I can't push it down in far enough to screw the cap on.
They can take a bit of force, but they should fit. I have never had one not take it. They were meant for all of their pr based lights. I have a very old 3C. And it accepts the adapter. It is a pre- "c" suffix in the serial number

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used to buy those on my first go around on CPF now they are hard to find.
Yeah, I am down to my last two. I have at least 15 hours on one of them though and it's still going strong. Then I will be switching over to a 7212 bulb I got from Tad custom. They fit in the adapter. I much preferred potted bulbs though