My Sunwayman V10R

LotusDarkrose

Newly Enlightened
So I got a V10R from BatteryJunction about 3 weeks ago, and have been carrying it every day since. I love it. I did not like the clip, however, because it was too bulky. I ended up ordering an EX10 clip from TacticalLeds, but it was the wrong one (the clip with the holes really close together, not far apart to fit a V10R. But I also ordered the "Olight Clip For Olight Military & Tactical Flashlights - T20MT-CLIP" as well since it was only 2.50. It fits great. I had to used hemostats to separate the clip to get it on the V10R, but once I got it on, it feels very secure and doesn't move when opening the clip.

I took some pics of the clip on my light:
105_1132.jpg

105_1133.jpg

Also, I used acrylic paint to make guide dots for the control ring. So far they have not rubbed off at all, even when roughly rubbing my finger on them.
105_1138.jpg

105_1139.jpg

(If the color of the flashlight seems off it's because I had to adjust the lighting in photoshop because they were too dark.)

AR_Shorty

Enlightened
Very nice! I've been trying to convince myself that I don't need a Sunwayman V10R. So far it has worked...but I feel myself getting weaker. :devil:

Do you have the XM-L version or the XP-G version?

LotusDarkrose

Newly Enlightened
Oh, forgot to mention that hehe. It's the XP-G version. I was debating between the two, but the ~12 dollar price difference, along with wanting a little more throw than flood is what sold me on the XP-G to replace my Indcendio V3 as my primary EDC.

DavidMB

Newly Enlightened
You got a great light. I have the V10A version. The guide dots are a great idea. I always want to know what position the ring is in before I turn it on. Those dots would be a great addition to the light. Sunwayman would be smart to take your idea and incorporate it into future versions.

LotusDarkrose

Newly Enlightened
You got a great light. I have the V10A version. The guide dots are a great idea. I always want to know what position the ring is in before I turn it on. Those dots would be a great addition to the light. Sunwayman would be smart to take your idea and incorporate it into future versions.

Thanks :) I was pretty sure the acrylic craft paint I used would just come off, but I was wrong. And worse case scenario, it scrapes against something enough to mess up one of the dots, I make another dot on it, lol.

Fiskar

Newly Enlightened
Good idea with the guide dots LotusDarkrose.

Will do the same myself at the weekend. Love this flashlight but hope they bring out the red control ring for the 2nd anniversary! Have the XML-T6.

LotusDarkrose

Newly Enlightened
Just an FYI...I rounded off a toothpick point and used that to put the dots/paint on the light. Worked very well in combination with a steady hand. I put it on some poster putty on it's side with the painted part up to dry.

Last edited:

LotusDarkrose

Newly Enlightened
Forgot all about this thread, and was thinking about when I got this light.

Happy belated 3rd birthday to my favorite EDC. Been in my pocket for over 3 years basically every day. Gotta love that Sunwayman anodizing.

alCBk8p.jpg

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that puppy looks brand new. With so many companies churning out substandard products, it's good to know that there still those who choose to go above and beyond by giving us exception products. Way to go Sunwayman!