any light similar to this red light

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
i'm looking for a coyote light and saw http://www.texasdirecthunting.com/servlet/the-122/kill-light-xlr250-rifle/Detail is light .

it looks O.k. but seems like old technology.

i'm not sure the extended on/off switch is a hudge advantage and i'm not too concerned about the mounting bracket, as i'm a machinist and could make something work.

i like the idea of the red lens so the animals dont see the light.

what else is out there? in a red lens

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
i dont want filter caps. as i was told they arnt as good as a red led light.

the xlr250 comes with a charger and 2 batteries along with a OK mounting bracket for my scope. its about $140.

is this about the best product for my needs.

Blitzwing

Enlightened

ncorry

Newly Enlightened
Hey OP- I'm interested in the same exact thing you are. Tried to PM you, but could not since I'm a newbie and have less than 3 posts. Please update your progress in this search.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a lot like the dealextreme cheapies.
Get a Solarfore with a red P60 drop in or splurge and get a nail bender dropin from the custom modified bst section of the forum.

Blitzwing

Enlightened

You could upgrade the reflector to a smooth one and add a 26mm aspheric lens from Dealextreme and make a spot thrower. It's a basic P60 host so it's all very easy. In fact you could make a green thrower out of it too.

grass disaster

Newly Enlightened
ok so coyote season is here and i dont have a light yet.

here's what i need asap

red light,smooth reflector, scope mount, pressure switch, batteries, charger.

under $75

please help a procrastinator out

Last edited:

junkyspace

Newly Enlightened
http://www.ledsupply.com/creexpe-red-3.php
Red 3-Up Indus Star

Indus Star Documentation
Cree® XP-E Documentation

3-Up Red Cree XP-E Star

Question for ya... I am very new to the whole flashlight world. What parts would I need to drive this lovely triple led that you linked?

Dealextreme screwed up and sent me a white light instead of a red one (Ultrafire 501B). I have 18650 batteries and a charger. Would that housing be enough to dissipate the heat produced by the indus? If so, I'd stop seeking a refund from them and just rebuild it with the indus led setup.

If you could provide links to the cheap-but-effective parts that I would need to make a safe, decent thrower, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Blitzwing

Enlightened
ok so coyote season is here and i dont have a light yet.

here's what i need asap

red light,smooth reflector, scope mount, pressure switch, batteries, charger.

under $75

please help a procrastinator out

I don't know what more I can do, save for having a plane trailing a huge banner behind it telling you what I've already told you fly over your house...... ;)

Solarforcesales are just about throwing out the sand coloured and the grey 18650 L2 bodies at the moment. Get one. Get the single mode red Solarforce dropin.

Order some 18650 batteries and charger from Dealextreme. Order the 28mm glass optics for flashlights. Order the smooth reflector unit also. Assemble parts. There are a variety of mounts also on Dealextreme.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing an incan SF (G2/6P/E2e) with a red filter, will throw far enough to faintly ID coyotes...And you only need to buy three things: 1) Light 2) Red Filter 3) Mount

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Led Supply has the driver and reflector. There are lots of threads in the custom modified section on builds.
IlluminationSupply sells a P60 dropin kit too for single die for cheap, so you should be able to get all your parts between those two dealers.

jp54

Newly Enlightened
I don't know what more I can do, save for having a plane trailing a huge banner behind it telling you what I've already told you fly over your house...... ;)

Solarforcesales are just about throwing out the sand coloured and the grey 18650 L2 bodies at the moment. Get one. Get the single mode red Solarforce dropin.

Order some 18650 batteries and charger from Dealextreme. Order the 28mm glass optics for flashlights. Order the smooth reflector unit also. Assemble parts. There are a variety of mounts also on Dealextreme.

I know it's a thread revival, but I am in the market for a coyote light like you have described. I plan to buy the Solarforce L2 body, the Solarforce L2 red LED drop in, smooth reflector, aspheric lens, and batteries of course. If I build this flashlight, how long can I expect it to hold a charge?

I would have messaged you, but I do not have that privilege yet on this site.