cracked sunwayman m10r lens - repairable?

midget

Enlightened
Hey all. much to my dismay, i discovered cracks in my sunwayman lens yesterday.

this is no stab at the sunwayman product or durability or anything. i am pretty hard on this light. i don't exactly know how the crack developed, but i keep this light on my keyring and it gets tossed around pretty often. it's fairly believable to me that this would happen.

Anyhow, does anyone have experience fixing something like this? i wonder what size the lens is (diameter) and where i could purchase a replacement? and on top of that, it doesn't appear that the bezel is removable to release the lens.

Would anyone have any pointers for me to the right direction?

thanks!

eONvg.jpg

think2x

Flashlight Enthusiast
It should be the same as the V10R. Just measured mine, 20mm x 1mm lens.

If you take the tape label off the head (in the picture) the bezel should unscrew easily from the head.

midget

Enlightened
thanks think2x!!

now the next trick... finding a replacement 20mm x 1mm lens...

Kilted

Enlightened
Since you admit your rough on the light have you thought of replacing the glass lens with a polycarbonate lens? Polycarbonate is use in dive lights as glass would be to thick to with stand the pressure.

=D~~ Kilted

midget

Enlightened
Since you admit your rough on the light have you thought of replacing the glass lens with a polycarbonate lens? Polycarbonate is use in dive lights as glass would be to thick to with stand the pressure.

=D~~ Kilted

i do, indeed, admit to being hard on the light. i would absolutely consider a polycarbonate lens. would you by chance know where i could get one in 20mm?

midget

Enlightened
Cool! Thanks Kilted, I just put in a tiny order for one of those acrylic lenses. it's a little thicker than what think 2x quoted but maybe i can still get it to fit. i had found some 20mm ones on dealextreme as well, but they were sold out :(

I appreciate the help!

midget

Enlightened
yeeaaa buddy! update, and a big thanks to everyone at CPF! the SWM M10R is back up and running with a new polycarbonate lens.

it fits great, although just a *tad* too thick for the bezel to go all the way down. but not so bad overall.

thanks again!

Kilted

Enlightened
Midget,

Great to see the light back in working order. If you have a set of small Swiss files you can work that tad to large down to size.

=D~~ Kilted

onalandline

Newly Enlightened
Wow, that M10R is beat up! I guess it has been banged up a bunch. I have one, so I hope it is durable. Are they shockproof?

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
20 x 1 mm eh?

Funny, I was just talking to my local watch supply store. They have sapphire lenses in 20 x 1mm I believe...

Coolio. May not be as clear as say UCL, totally scratchproof tho.

Wonder if it's worth the effort?

:D