Which flashlight's beam is your favourite?

davyro

Enlightened
I'm asking this because I've bought a few very good flashlights since i bought my HDS 170T(with the GPD Led)but i still love it's beam better than any of my newer light's.I know people will say different beams for different situations
but what i mean by the question is which beam do you prefer for most of the tasks you use your lights for.I have some very good lights with great beams & I'm sure the CPF community has as well so I'm curious what gets your vote.

buds224

Enlightened
I have the following:
LD20
PD32
TK41
ST Cycler
PC10
replacement to my lost TA21 on its way

I would like to say the TA21 is my favorite, but when it boils down to the one I use the most, I'd have to say the PC10. It has a very low, low mode, and a hefty 550lumens with x1 RCR123. What sets it apart from the TA21 is the small form factor. Makes it useable with a lot of my computer / electronics repair. Nice hot spot, lots of spill.

My favorite throw beam is the TK41

persco

Enlightened
My Aeon has a wonderful, warm beam, with few artifacts. But recently I got a McGizmo Sundrop, Mule, and Haiku. I have to say that the Sundrop with a Nichia 119 (high CRI) is beautiful. The Haiku has probably the most useful blend of flood and throw in a near-perfect beam, though.

chaoss

Enlightened
My Hi CRI Haiku beats everything else i own/have owned.
The easiest way to describe it when i fire it up is ooooooohhh!
It just projects the most beautiful beam of light that i am unable to convey with words. It is that great!

Glock 22

Enlightened
Has to be my Custom M61W XML in my 6P, which is my EDC. A close second is my M91W, I'm a huge warm tint fan.

Animalmother

Newly Enlightened
I really liked my P100A2 beam I used to have, very good beam profile. Hotspot was tight and had a good amount of spill. Good balance, which is why I liked it.

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Short distance: HDS EDC-R1B-200

Long Distance: Malkoff Hound Dog XM & L

Longer distance: OMG Lumens DEFT-edc (but my DEFT-edc has the LR after the edc ...:naughty:)

Last edited:

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my XP-G P60 modules. They have a perfectly formed beam that's moderately throwy, excellent flood, no artifacts and a smooth transition from hotspot, corona, and spill.

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have an HDS with GDP yet, got a hds120 GDP on the way.
My HDS120 modded with U2 XML by illumination supply has a beautiful beam
HDS rotary is also gorgeous.

Zebralight SC600 is one of those that I hold dear.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I'm the only one that will mention these two, but if you like a very smooth beam pattern (one that even looks good against a white wall!) with a fat, smoothly blended hotspot, no artifacts and gentle fade on the edges you too may like the LF2XT and Quark MiNi beam patterns.