Have anyone modify a Streamlight Night Fighter2 Xenon

elite trinidad protection

Newly Enlightened
I have a Streamlight Night Fighter -2 Xenon and would like to upgrade to LED, anyone attempted on a project like this. I am looking for a simple mod, i.e. Drop In and a clicky tail cap.

Any suggestions guys?

Lolaralph

Enlightened
I converted a TL-2 to an XP-E, I used the stock reflector, simply opened up the bulb hole to the size of the LED. I made a simple heatsink out of aluminum, mounted a driver to the back side with artic alumina. The beam isn't too bad, but you can tell it was not designed for an led. Stream light sells an optional clicky tailcap for the TL-2, it should,work on the night fighter I believe. If I remember correctly, the nightfighter and the TL-2 are basically the same light.

Newly Enlightened
I converted a TL-2 to an XP-E, I used the stock reflector, simply opened up the bulb hole to the size of the LED. I made a simple heatsink out of aluminum, mounted a driver to the back side with artic alumina. The beam isn't too bad, but you can tell it was not designed for an led. Stream light sells an optional clicky tailcap for the TL-2, it should,work on the night fighter I believe. If I remember correctly, the nightfighter and the TL-2 are basically the same light.

Can you please provide some pics? if it is not too much trouble.

Lolaralph

Enlightened
still working on pics, seems imageshack and ipads do not work well, if at all together. mounting the driver is pretty straightforeward, i use AMC based drivers from Shiningbeam.com or illuminationsupply.com, both sources are excellent ones. I simply use artic alumina adhesive and "glue" the driver to the battery side of the heatsink. Unfortunately the pics of my Streamlight conversion won"t show this because i made the heatsink slightly undersized and used arctic alumina to "glue" the heatsink in the flashlight body. I figured if anything ever went wrong i would sacrifice the driver pushing the heatsink out from the switch end of the light. If i can figure out the ipad/imageshack issue I will post pics of similar heatsinks so you can get the idea.

Lolaralph

Enlightened
hope these simple pics give you the idea, the last pic is the modified stock reflector viewed from the bottom
simple heatsink, one with driver "glued" on with arctic alumina

optional Streamlight clicky

Last edited:

Newly Enlightened
still working on pics, seems imageshack and ipads do not work well, if at all together. mounting the driver is pretty straightforeward, i use AMC based drivers from Shiningbeam.com or illuminationsupply.com, both sources are excellent ones. I simply use artic alumina adhesive and "glue" the driver to the battery side of the heatsink. Unfortunately the pics of my Streamlight conversion won"t show this because i made the heatsink slightly undersized and used arctic alumina to "glue" the heatsink in the flashlight body. I figured if anything ever went wrong i would sacrifice the driver pushing the heatsink out from the switch end of the light. If i can figure out the ipad/imageshack issue I will post pics of similar heatsinks so you can get the idea.

I am trying my best to understand your mod, but i am having a hard time as i have never done anything like this.

Lolaralph

Enlightened
I understand my explanations can be difficult to follow, which specific areas need clarification? Maybe some others can chime in, other descriptions may definitely help.