New guy saying Hi! with a question about Dereelights.

rickc

Newly Enlightened
New here.Thought I would say hi to everyone and open with the question that brought me here.I have never been a "flashaholic" but have always appreciated a good light(or what I thought was good until I started hanging out with a flashlight addict) I recently acquired two Dereelights from a friend who was deploying overseas and was selling these along with some guns and knives.

Anyway,I now have a Dereelight Javelin and a Javelin "shorty". The Javelin has a factory Dereelight single mode led in it and the shorty has a 3 mode from Thrunite in it.The Javelin has an extension and is running on 3 rechargeable AA's and the shorty has an extension and is running on 1 14500 rechargeable cell (I got 6 rechargeable AA's,3 Energizers and 3 Rayovac platinums,and 3 AW IC protected Li-ion 3.7V 14500 rechargeable cells with chargers for all,Energizer,Rayovac and a UltraFire WF-139, in the deal) Both lights work great and really put my ancient Surefire 8X to shame.He told me the Javelin will run on two 14500's without the extension,but I actually prefer the longer length,so I keep it filled with 3 AA's and use the 14500's just for the shorty.

My question is,if I want to upgrade these lights,within reason(not looking to spend $100 a light on upgrades here),what would be the best P60 drop-ins,batteries and "pill"(I'm new to all this so go easy on me)to buy and maximize the performance of these lights.I really don't have a problem with the full size Javelin but I'm not crazy about the 3 modes of the shorty.So I'm looking for best single mode performance and the best batteries to use. I would like to keep everything AA size,as I use rechargeable AA's for lots of things and have lots.I also don't have a problem buying a few more cells that will charge in the UltraFire,if that will increase performance.

Thanks for your help.I've got this budding addiction and all roads point to this forum as the best place to learn and feed the need.

Last edited: