Malkoff MD2 with Surefire z-41 tailcap

leadsled9

Newly Enlightened
Is anyone running a Surefire Z-41 tailcap on their Malkoff MD2? I just tried it and it makes for a really short compact package. I like it.

Is there any downside to doing this?

af112566

Newly Enlightened
the older md2's didnt have tail caps,i have 2 of them.the newer ones have a nice tail cap that can tail stand.the surefire tail caps work great,i have a z59 on my md4 body/hound dog head.

tolkaze

Enlightened
I have used a Z41 with McClicky installed (softpress button) with my MD2, MD3 and MD4 and have had no ill effects. The threads seem to match very closely and I haven't had any problems so far. I'm not sure if the twisty action would be as smooth as on a surefire body, and I have found the anno wears differently, but apart from that it should be fine. There shouldn't be an issue with current unless you are using something significantly higher powered (like putting a tripple in your MD2 head)

I have also used an A19 extender on an MD2 and it worked fine as well.

Vesper

Enlightened
I have used my z41 on my MD3. Works great, especially with the clicky upgraded. I have long-since settled on this Solarforce tailcap combined with Surefire combat ring. Makes for a nice comfortable and easy to hold-on-to light. Love the tail-standing ability too. Serial # 0002 :thumbsup:

IMG_2426.jpg

Tommygun45

Enlightened
What is an A19 extender? What battery configuration does it allow you to use on the MD2?

It adds space for an additional 123 battery. If you use it with an MD2, you should probably make sure its bored, to match the rest of the light. Added to an MD2 it would let you run 3 CR123s or 2 18500 rechargables. If you add it to an MD3 or a Surefire C3/9P it lets you run 2 18650s, as long as they are bored for 18 mm cells. It looks like this.. Although mines cerakoted..
DSC01030.JPG

And this is the one on my MD3. Bad pic but its old.

IMAG0434.jpg

Also, here is one on my old 6P. Far right. It wasn't bored yet but it let me run 3 CR123s in there.

Light Line Up Side.JPG

Last edited: