Is the Novatac 120CL Classic worth $35?

MrGatoMan

Newly Enlightened
I have found a deal on a Novatac 120CL classic for $35. Iv read that their quality is quite lacking these days. So is $35 worth picking one up?

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found a deal on a Novatac 120CL classic for $35. Iv read that their quality is quite lacking these days. So is $35 worth picking one up?

If it was the Special ops or the storm I'd say it was worth it. I've heard a few cases of parasitic drain on the classic. I heard on another thread that Novatac is doing some warranty work now, which is better than 3 months ago ;)

papageorgio

Newly Enlightened
I have a storm, and I paid 40 bucks.. I think it was worth it.. however I paid the same for a lumintop p1c and I LOVE that light! I carry it all the Time in my jacket. Neutral tint too..

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you're lucky and the light has no issue, it definitely worth that price, especially if you do the 250 click hack trick. You'll then get a 120P that works on AA's. 2-3 years ago, that light was around 110$.

Mine was supposed to be a backup and I finally use it much more than I thought. And that even if I do own around 50 lights... (and many fine ones...)