Powering two Philips 10W LED Bulbs?

Tanker87

Newly Enlightened
New to the forum, been lurking, but now I am in need of some assistance.

Anyway, I am just starting to fool with LED lighting, and am looking to power some bulbs for a planted freshwater aquarium.

My issue: I replaced my factory 10W halogen bulbs with 10W Philips LED bulbs after replacing the MR11 fixtures to the larger pinned MR16 Fixtures. So it worked for three days, then the power supply died.

The bulbs I am looking to run (the pair that smoked the power pack) are spec'ed:
435 Lumens
10W 3000K
980mA
24D
12Vac

The transformer that failed was spec'ed:
Input: 120V AC 60Hz 260mA
Output: 12 V AC 1700mA

I am assuming the power pack failed due to the fact the two bulbs running at 980mA require at least 1960mA output from the transformer?

So I brought both bulbs to a local radioshack and told them I needed a power pack to supply them, they sent me on my way with this:
Input:120V 60Hz 0.5A
Output: 12V-1.0A

The result of attempting to use this power supply was both bulbs flashing, I pulled one, and it powered the other perfectly fine.. ignorant to this stuff, it seems the 1960mA draw was too much, and by using one bulb at 980mA it stayed under the 1Amp limit?

So if this is all correct, what can I do? I have searched the net for a 2amp 120V to 12V AC power supply, but can't seem to find one anywhere....

Thank you for your time and suggestions,
Justin