anyone familiar with this dual LED keychain light?

paulr

Flashaholic
$29.95 for a coin cell light--are you kidding? Get an Arc AAA instead. Otherwise stick with a Photon II or whatever.

Note that with coin cell lights, the brightness is essentially determined by the battery current capability (internal resistance). So I don't expect two LED's powered by the same pair of batteries to be much brighter than one LED.

paulr

Flashaholic
Coin cell lights can easily light stuff 25 feet away, it's no big deal. Not to blinding levels, of course, but enough to see where large objects are.

Zigzago

Enlightened
Re: anyone familiar with this dual LED keychain li

I haven't seen the Sharper Image light before, but the description doesn't say anything about a constant on/off switch. This means you have to keep squeezing it which gets tiring and ties up one hand. A light like the Photon II is just as small but gives you the option of turning it on and hanging it somewhere on your person while you escape from the subway.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Re: anyone familiar with this dual LED keychain li

That's pu...oh wait, can't say that word here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Might as well just get an Arc-AAA or a Photon II or Photon III.
Maybe they're charging so much because of the keyrings that come with it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Oh, and I can't tell either if it has a continuous on function or not. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

BlindedByTheLite

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Coin cell lights can easily light stuff 25 feet away, it's no big deal. Not to blinding levels, of course, but enough to see where large objects are.

[/ QUOTE ]
really? i always figured the light would flood too much to actually say the beam reaches that far..

but hey.. for the price.. why not an Arc AAA or AA..

Bill.H

Enlightened
If I wanted a keychain light for that amount of money, I would get a bag of 20 from countycomm (they lock on, too) and a couple of ice cream sundaes with the leftover cash.

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Photon II on my keys are really like it. I have several ARCs too, but they just don't fit on my keys. They are more of a loose pocket light if needed.

-Mike

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried it out for sh|*'s and giggles. It is pretty bright, but not much more impressive than a Photon or Inova. I have a couple coin cell lights, but I don't use them for much at all. They are just for when nothing else is handy.

Most of the cost for this is the quick release type keychain. It's pretty solid and really cool. I just couldn't see paying even $20 for it.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
PhilAlex said:In case you guys didn't know, Sharper Image sells their overstock and returns on eBay. I've gotten some amazing buys, CHEAP.

[/ QUOTE ]And so does Topix/eGadgets-also...... -hard-to-believe discounts! super /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif