Photon 3 batteries dying too quick

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
I have a photon 3 white LED that's on it's third set of batteries. I don't know if it's on in my pocket or in my wife's purse but it's dead.
should I return it to photon. that's $12 in batteries spent already. anyone else have this problem?

cmendoza

Enlightened
I had the same problem. I did notice it ON several times when reaching for it in my fanny pack( uh, I mean manly accessory carrying device). I attributed the quick rundown of batteries to pressure causing it to turn on accidentally.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
BlindTiger said:
I have a photon 3 white LED that's on it's third set of batteries. I don't know if it's on in my pocket or in my wife's purse but it's dead.
should I return it to photon. that's $12 in batteries spent already. anyone else have this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a P3 Ultraviolet with the same problem.
I don't think I've had a set of batteries
that have lasted more than two weeks, and
that's with the light stored away in a drawer
so I know that it's not turning on accidentally.

Thought I read somewhere (maybe Craig's site?) that
there was a manufacturing defect in the early P3s...?
I've been meaning to contact them, but other stuff
keeps getting in the way... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

snuffy

Enlightened
I had two of them with that problem and returned them. The person I talked to said the older P-3 versions ( blue package w/2001 date on the circuit board ) had a defect. The newest version has the S.O.S. function. To make a long story short, I recieved two new ones in a green package last week.
Nice people to deal with. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, great. I gave away a whole bunch of Photon IIIs in the blue package, but don't know if they were dated 2001.

BlindTiger

Newly Enlightened
i'm going to return mine. they are definately the 2001 chip one's. and yes, the batteries just died completely.
flashfan, if you still have one, the circuit on mine was marked 2001 with the LRI mailing address.